NSW and Vic government Spending $73billion each mini BOOM!

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Illusivedreams, 18th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

'Just what the doctor ordered': Here's what will replace the property boom

Alot of money spent around the nation.

6 of the largest government projects are happening in NSW specific being Sydney.

Projects for Northern beach's link is a life time in making. I love the area but lack of transport links made it an impossible area to live. Now it's an exciting time to be living in the Northern suburbs. (beaches)
    Dies the F6 mean Wollongong and south will experience continuing high growth?

What will the kids do if money the government is spending give to the local economys of the state's?

Is it enough to alone be a catalyst for growth and continue Australias 20 year plus growth?

I think so. Let's here some opinions!

Toon, Perthguy and Sashatheman like this.
  2. Illusivedreams

3. DowntownBlock

DowntownBlock Well-Known Member

You have found one company who expects Sydney to turn around in 2018!!

"...Despite some of Australia’s heavyweight property markets – including Sydney – recording price declines, one expert is forecasting significant house price growth in 2018 across Australia..."

Infrastructure might add 1.5% to NSW GDP whereas if the Sydney property market price declines continue, could easily be -10% from NSW economy.

4. Illusivedreams

Well you find every negative article so no need for others to follow.
    Downtown you also have to respect you and the data set you present is not an accurate forecast for 2018.

So your opinion and others you quote is Not Dogma because if it was you would be working in Moodys or Reserve bank. You don't so respect other points of view and forecasts.

larrylarry likes this.
  5. DowntownBlock

DowntownBlock Well-Known Member

Hahaha

Moody's / reserve bank represent the best opinions?!?

LOL - that says so much about your financial sophistication.

Go google GFC and Moody's .. anyway go Sydney! Moody's says buy!

6. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

@DowntownBlock I thought you worked in goldman sachs as chief strategy investment ? :)

7. JL1

JL1 Well-Known Member

I dont follow Sydney economics too closely but Victoria started ramping up their infrastructure spending when Andews came into power. Since 2014 it has more than doubled from $4.8bn to over $10bn/yr, reaching peak this year and starting to wind down in 2020 to 8bn. No forecast yet exists after that, but given the current boom was funded by the $9.8bn port sale and $2bn land registry office privatisatoin, its almost certain that it wont be as high. State debt is also increasing over this period, which cannot be sustained long term.

What i read from this is that much of the staffing is underway, and has been the source of the recent jobs boom. this "mini-boom" will serve to sustain, and not grow the economy over the next 3 years. following 2020, there is a bit of a black hole in economic forecasting where it is unclear what will happen. the only thing that seems relatively certain is that government spending is more likely to go down than up, unless inflation ramps up and devalues the 2017 dollar (and according 2017 incurred debt).

Globally, it seems infrastructure is getting back on the cards as an economic stimulant. this is great news for iron ore and resources based industries, so the swing will be again away from financial markets (read - sydney and melbourne) and back towards resources (read - perth and brisbane). I say that as a personal thought without having actually looked into any data though...

8. Illusivedreams

Silverson likes this.