ASX Shares NSL Consolidated

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by MJS1034, 28th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

From IPO. You'd need to be a fair value investor now to pull it apart and work out what its worth. I'm not going to bother with it, doesn't meet the moaty / reliable earnings / dividend / sustainable competitive advantage / pricing power criteria that I am looking for.

This might be of interest.

Dick Smith is the Greatest Private Equity Heist of All Time - Forager Funds

GFY (Godfreys) is another of these private equity IPO plays that looks like running a similar play book.

2. jafeica

jafeica Well-Known Member

Last edited: 1st Dec, 2015
    Ted Varrick likes this.
  3. cdchi1

cdchi1 Well-Known Member

Had a look at DSH financials yesterday briefly. Weren't very secure imo so if they are experiencing poor trading conditions now, they I think DSH is in serious trouble especially if they have to deep discount to clear their inventory (might go look for a new laptop). Wouldnt be surprised if they bounce short term if other retailers rise into XMAS trading, however they've got serious work ahead of them if they are to survive.

Edit: Just spotted this in an Age article so yeah looks like the deep discount is on...could be terrible for certain ther retailers like JB if forces them to cut their margins too.

"Dick Smith's pain could be consumers' gain in the lead-up to Christmas, with the electronics retailer preparing to kick off a "70 per cent off everything" sale to clear excess stock, potentially prompting rivals to follow suit."

Last edited: 1st Dec, 2015
  4. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

It got down to $0.265... close to your $0.25 mark. Trading at $0.4050 now, so if you bought then and sold now... :)

6. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

When I put my order in for $0.25, it was $0.28, and I don't think it went lower after that. Even if I had of bought at market and sold at yesterday's high it would of only been ~$600 less brokerage either end, less tax. I was only going to do it for a long play, and a few of the wiser heads here schooled me out of that idea.

7. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

My post wasn't serious. For a day gambler, it would have been a great play if anyone had the guts and/or was stupid enough to put a decent hunk of change into it when it bottomed out. I actually saw the price when it went that low but there was no indication at that point that the price would rally like it did. For a small amount or for a long play it wasn't worth jumping in, even at that price. I don't have confidence in them long term, although they could get bought out.

Jeah_ likes this.
  8. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

9. cdchi1

cdchi1 Well-Known Member

Looks like they were in even more trouble that I thought. Hope no one got caught trying to catch that falling knife.

10. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

Heh..best thing I never did