Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

NRAS Rental Valuation

Discussion in 'NRAS' started by D.T., 9th Jan, 2017.

1. D.T.

D.T. Adelaide Property Manager Business Member

We're property managers approved to take on NRAS properties. As some of you might know, after 4 years the NRAS Consortium organises a licensed valuer to go through and advise what the rent should be for the units.

One of the units we manage just came up for this. The valuation came in $5 a week lower so we are forced to do a lease renewal at that amount to remain compliant (and non compliance means the owner doesn't get their $10k pa).

The guy I deal with manages the PM's across SA and QLD and was saying all of them were coming in lower.

This is one of the dangers of being in a government ran system instead of on the free market. Our normal (non-nras) properties we could at least keep them the same rent or negotiate a lesser increase if the market was poor (and I'm not convinced that it is).

Perthguy and Blacky like this.
  2. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member Business Member

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@D.T. Do you know how the Non NRAS properties that must be rented under the "Affordable Housing NSW" works?

Is it the same as NRAS, except you don't get a rebate?
    (ie must go to an approved property manager that can take on Affordable housing etc)

4. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

I think DHA houses are subject to rental reviews also.
    Rents can go up or down.
    Marg