NRAS payments for last year from Ethan housing

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by MohWei, 9th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    PM me with your number. I'll call you for a chat. I cant do anything about whats happened until now, but I can explain what you need to be doing to get back on track.

2. Gavo

Gavo Member

Hi @euro73 would you know anything about the scam in Geraldton, Perth ?. Rixon development built I think about 20 houses , then prime property took over managing these properties for Ethan..All that we were told was that Ethan will lease our property for 10 years.
    We were never told that they would be able to collect all our Nras incentives...
    Prime property no longer is around..They were collecting money from us and then also from Ethan to manage all the properties until I realised and I then called Cheryl Howe from Ethan and told her... Ethan then took over looking after these properties which was probably not a good thing as it was a conflict of interest..
    Just wondering how we can get out of this mess as Terry Foster said that we signed all our incentive rights over to Ethan when we signed the contract with them five years ago... We were never told that and would not have accepted that offer...
    We payed $465.00 back then to built this house and still owe the same amount as we can only afford to pay the interest. We are still paying off our family home that we built 25 years ago ..
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you

3. euro73

I know nothing of that situation.

I didnt deal with Ashley Fenn or Ethan very much.... did a few deals using their incentives back in 2012/13, and they offered investors two models. One was a standard NEJV. where they issue you a RTO certificate and you claim your payment via your tax return. Very simple. The other was some form of agreement where you authorised them to collect your payment for you and issue to you as cash. I didn't let any of my buyers sign that model as I saw the risk in it. Made them all sign the NEJV, so Ethan couldnt cash their Commonwealth incentive payments and nick them... I like things to be done properly.

I'm told that because they set themselves up as a not for profit.charity (oh the irony) that is what enabled them to make cash claims on behalf of investors, rather than issuing RTO certificates. NRAS regulations allowed for this. You will find that multiple Community Housing Providers, who are also registered as not for profits - do the same with their NRAS payments ...but obviously they are public service agencies and wouldnt survive a scandal such as this if they tried to nick your money .....whereas Ethan and Ashley Fenn are private sector and he was willing to ( allegedly) do this...

As for your situation. I'm a little confused. When you say "All that we were told was that Ethan will lease our property for 10 years" do you mean Ethan was the tenant, or is Ethan the Landlord because they have a Head Lease on your property?

Or are YOU the landlord who signs the lease with the tenant?

Last edited: 29th Jun, 2019
  4. Gavo

Gavo Member

Yes Ethan had the head lease on our property..
    But Tebter have taken that over now..
    Would you mind if we can speak tomorrow afternoon.
    Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Jun, 2019
  5. euro73

If they hold a head lease, you really need to look at seeking legal advice on how to get out of that. If they have you locked in for 10 years, and they are nicking your money, I dont know whether there's anything I can assist you with

Didnt you have your solicitor review this before signing it?

Also - maybe PM me ...

6. Gavo

Gavo Member

Ok not sure how to do that.?

7. euro73

Tick on my name and "start a conversation"

8. mami

mami Active Member

Does anybody try to get RTOC from DSS?

Ethan didn’t pay 2015-2016 federal incentive and I contacted withBernardi Martin, liquidator, but no reply from them yet. So I tried to contact with DSS to provide us our RTOC which DSS sent to Ethan. Once I got it, I will try to contact with ATO. If Ethan didn’t withdrew the incentive yet, we can get the money from ATO hopefully.

Does anybody know how Terry Foster from Tebter to get the incentive back?

9. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Its possible the NRAS provider wasnt compliant. No certificates issued ?. Govt wont tell you. Privacy. If you do manage to get the certificate then you can lodge the tax return.

The Commonwealth incentive isnt paid....The state one is. The Commonwealth portion is a tax credit based on the NRAS certificate and claimed on the tax return.