NRAS payments for last year from Ethan housing

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by MohWei, 9th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Furious Female

Furious Female Member

I understood Quantum, Ethan and Tebter were all the same company

Gavo likes this.
  2. Furious Female

Furious Female Member

3. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

I don’t know . It’s really a $#/7 sandwich . All I know is that Ashley Fenn bought quantum when Ethan was deregistered and because of that I told people in late 2017 to make the switch , to avoid the 2018 payment also being at risk ... it’s great that you got the federal payment though . That’s 75% of the money. Some people have had 2 or 3 years of their federal money withheld by Ethan as well . If I were them I’d be claiming it with my tax return so that worst case , only the 25% state payment was missing . 75% is enough to keep things on track . But make the switch

Gavo likes this.
  4. euro73

All owned by Ashley Fenn

Furious Female likes this.
  5. Furious Female

Furious Female Member

And Questus? Does he own that too?

Gavo likes this.
  6. euro73

No. Questus are called AAHS now. Good operators.

7. Furious Female

Furious Female Member

Has any complaints been made to ACCC and if so what was the outcome?

Gavo likes this.
  8. pissed with A Fenn

pissed with A Fenn New Member

my sources tell me that our Mr Fenn is sueing the ABC for defamation.
    the case goes to court in Melbourne late Oct.
    would be great to see a lot of us investors to show him some "love".

9. pissed with A Fenn

pissed with A Fenn New Member

love can be sent also via

Ashley at ethanhousing. com. au
    ashley.fenn. at. teber. com au

10. zwwcs

zwwcs Member

Hi James,
    Have you got any progress on the incentives back? Same problem here. Can you share some experience? Many thanks

11. zwwcs

zwwcs Member

I received reply from DSS today and seems like we're still under Ethan not Quantum. DSS is not going to help with any delayed incentives and suggested to seek civil action by ourselves.

On 30 April 2018, the Secretary of the Department wrote to Ethan advising she was not approving a transfer of NRAS allocations to Quantum Housing Group. Therefore, your approved participant remains Ethan. Quantum Housing Group was assigned the compliance management services on behalf of Ethan Affordable Housing. Quantum are responsible for collating, auditing and providing NRAS documentation to the Department.

Gavo likes this.
  12. James Chambers

James Chambers New Member

I have also received a similar response. I have laid a complaint with the ombudsman however they advise my only option is a civil action against Ethan, and the parent company.

There is a group that is growing in number looking at a class action against the parent group, who hold all the funds - allegedly. When I hear more I will advise.

13. Gavo

Gavo Member

Hi we have been conned by a company called Rixon in Perth to build a property in Geraldton WA...We were never told that we were signing anything to allow Ethan to keep the NRAS..Would you have any information about Ethan and what we can do. .?.

Many thanks
    Gavo

14. Gavo

Gavo Member

Hi I was wondering if I could speak to you about Ethan. We built a property with Rixon property five years ago in Geraldton and got conned by Prime property and Ethan and now Tebter..
    Many thanks Gavo

15. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Are you having issues with the consortium (ie incentives) or the property management - or both? Have you tried to move it to another consortium? The steps are outlined in one of the other posts in this thread.

Gavo likes this.
  16. Gavo

Gavo Member

Hi thank you for replying to us...as you can imagine we are in shock to find out that Ethan are taking all of our incentives with us not having the knowledge or being told this when we signed up with them.. The property management has been disgusting..We were being charged
    twice by them at the beginning until I let Ethan know. Prime property in Geraldton Wa were charging us and then charging Ethan to look after our property.. so we got rid of them and then Ethan took over, another big mistake as this was a conflict of interest and the same person was never around for long...so we have just found out that Ethan have been claiming our incentives for 5 years.. now Tebter have taken over and they are doing the same.. we would like to know how we can change our property and then claim our incentives.... ? We got conned from a company called Rixon in Perth to start with as we were promised good rental returns. We were receiving $410.00 a week now Tebter have dropped it to $300.00 a week, not even covering our interest.. This is our first investment property and we still are paying off our own home..We have only been paying interest on the investment property.. many thanks

17. Westminster

@Gavo You've never received your annual incentives in 5 years??

18. Gavo

Gavo Member

Not from Ethan... we were just told by Terry Foster from Tebter that when we signed up with Ethan we signed our incentives over to them..We were never told any of this...why would we do that. .?.

19. Westminster

@Gavo how very strange. Rents have gone down across all of WA but why would you rent your property out at 20% under market rent if you weren't going to get the NRAS incentives to make up that shortfall?

The rent is controlled by an independant valuer and CPI changes not by Tebter or any of the consortiums.

Feel free to PM me with more information and I can see if I can give you any guidance. I'm no expert but I do have a few NRAS properties.

@euro73 might be able to help. He has far more knowledge than I.

20. Gavo

Gavo Member

Thank you for your time...
    Exactly, we wouldn’t..like I said we were tricked and not aware that this was happening! We have only found out because our accountant has asked Tebter’ for a copy of our certificates and Ethan will not let us see them..

We would really appreciate all the guidance that we can get,as this is our first investment property....

Thanks again...