Hello brains trust! I know a few threads have touched on NRAS and the feedback is mixed, but in a post-boom environment (Western Sydney), what's the sentiment? More specifically - on paper, negative gearing and tax incentives are good, in reality, cash flow is positive provided you qualify for the incentive every 12 months. Given that positive properties are hard to come by in Sydney at the moment, is it worth considering NRAS? Or waiting for a few more years for the desperate sales, which we all know are coming? Our income is high enough to make the tax incentives worthwhile. But the lack of control over a ten year period is concerning. My concerns are: 1. Come settlement time, market will dip a little / oversupply will kick in and val will come in under purchase price, making settlement difficult. 2. Poor property management meaning we may not get the $10k every year - has anybody experienced this? The lack of control bothers me... I've heard the paperwork is insane and they can easily knock you back for the incentive payment. 3. The 10k indexed to inflation won't match the rental growth and the property will end up becoming negative / more lucrative without the NRAS incentive. High break costs. 4. Exit strategy - there isn't really one? If we buy now: Great tax offset, good buy and hold for the ten year period depending on rental growth relative to CPI, limited CG for a while, potentially poor quality tenants, potentially poorly managed, still in a position to buy in Sydney in a few years time, but more limited as big chunk of money will be parked in NRAS with (predictably) limited CG, can't manufacture equity as its brand new, good depreciation If we buy a non-NRAS property: Negative cash flow, no potential settlement problems, still limited CG, better tenants, control over PM, can hand select property, no delayed settlement / settling in a different market, can wait for market to dip further before purchasing, better exit strategy - able to sell to a wider market I know you shouldn't buy JUST for tax benefits, but nothing else in Sydney is positive at the moment - let alone $100 per week positive. So the question is... buy or wait? What is people's advice on this?