NRAS - ETHAN: class action

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by Daniel B., 3rd Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

What a mess, I hope you all get your money, this is the problem with schemes, things seem to always go wrong.

2. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Ethan may well be the entire 6%? There are @ 34,871 active incentives. 6% would represent @ 2,092 incentives . Ethan has 2155 active incentives....

There are 130 active NRAS approved participants. 129 have done the right thing. One rotten apple....

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

It wont matter if your the one left holding the parcel.

If a normal tenancy stops paying rent, you can act almost straight away, it will all depend on how financial you are in ability to cover such things.

But think of every scheme, there is always mis management and scammers.

The real irony is investing is often to get away from relying on govt. Or govt schemes and payments....

4. Sam T

Sam T Member

I am also a victim of Ethan over a property in Melbourne.

I have received payments from both State and Federal for 2014-15.
    From the State only for 2015-2016 and nothing from State nor Federal for 2016-17.

I would like to join in the the class action against Ethan and associates.

5. Ying Li

Ying Li Member

I have dual key property in Bellamack NT that Ethan has owed us Federal for 2015-2016, and State and Federal for 2016-2017.

During the course of Ethan management, we signed Head Lease Agreement with Ethan so they can claim RTO under their name (hence the delay if I trust Ashley)

I have requested DSS to move away from Ethan pending approval

I have also requested the termination of Head Lease Agreement with Ethan directly so they may not claim RTO on our behalf in 2018-2019.

I have also written to Dylan Welch (Claims ex-Family First candidate delaying payments in government housing scheme) about my story in the hope that ABC may run another story for Ashley Fenn/Ethan on behalf of Investors

6. Pet88

Pet88 New Member

Hello, I am also a victim of this property scam. Has anyone looked into starting a class action suit against these crooks? If you have, I'd like to become a member of that suit.

7. Tempest

Tempest Member

Hi, I took the punt and I have just found out that the ATO won't process my claim 2016–2017 NRAS incentive without the certificate. How do I get the state component? I haven't received that either for 2016-2017.

8. Tempest

Tempest Member

I don't think the ABC will be picking this up. They've issued a correction and clarification which is like an apology to EAH here:
    Ethan Affordable Housing and Ashley Fenn

9. Tempest

Tempest Member

Hi Alvin, I left DSS to decide, hoping they would assign an approved participant that has proved they follow the NRAS process efficiently. I still haven't had my application processed. The wheels turn slowly, too slowly.

10. euro73

You cant really leave it in DSS' hands. It may spin its wheels for weeks or months. The best thing to do is to nominate the approved participant you wantthen start pushing. You need to follow up DSS all the time ... every few days you need to be pushing and prodding and pushing and prodding

That's how you get things done in NRASland.

11. Tempest

Tempest Member

Thanks for your reply. I have a very busy life like most of us do and I do not have the time to follow up every few days. I have been following up every 2 months or so. NRAS has made me sick. Hopefully my property will sell soon and I will put this demoralising debacle down to experience. And never again will I trust the government or embark on any investment that this weird world pedals. Trust no one. I'll only invest in my mental and physical health. Life is too short.

12. euro73

Its a nasty thing Ethan have done. Really leaves a bad taste....

13. TOXY

TOXY New Member

Count me in for a class action against Ethan.

14. Alvin Thimwah Lee

Alvin Thimwah Lee Member

Thinking of spilling the beans to Current Affair of Channel Nine since ABC will not be following up this case. What do you all think?

15. euro73

You should be using every means at your disposal. Your local MP. media... whatever...

Here's some data you may find helpful

Please see attached. These documents provide details of all Commonwealth NRAS payments made for 2015/16 and 2016/17. The information includes the NRAS Dwelling ID #, the date the payment was processed by DSS and whether it was paid as a RTO or as cash. If you know your NRAS Dwelling ID # you can check and see exactly when the payment was processed.

2017/18 document has not been published yet, but the DSS website confirms most payments have been finalised ( see below ) 2,217 payments (out of 34,954) have NOT been completed for 2017/18.

But really, from what I understand this is much more about 15/16 and 16/17 - so the two attachments are hopefully of some use.

I would repeat my earlier comments as well - whatever action you are considering RE non payments, please change Approved Participant as a matter of urgency .

I have provided all the necessary documentation previously. I have provided contact points for AMC and AAHS previously, both of whom are ( in my experience ) excellent to deal with. You can certainly choose someone else if you prefer - I am simply giving you two options that I have lots of experience with ... but certainly you can choose whomever you wish. But whomever you switch to.... just switch. This applies to anyone with Ethan or Quantum, because while you remain with them, you are at risk of non payment.

Separate the issues. There's the issue that you haven't been paid for years X Y ad Z... go after that all you want. But there's also the issue of making sure you get paid for all future/remaining years . So switch providers. Download the paperwork NOW. Fill it in NOW. Submit it NOW. Follow up DSS and your Local Federal MP relentlessly.

Screenshot 2018-12-15 23.13.41.png

Attached Files:

16. Melbmikey

Melbmikey Member

Email received from DSS this morning:
    =====
    We are writing to inform you that, on 19 December 2018, at the request of Ethan Affordable Housing Limited (Ethan), the Secretary of the Department of Social Services transferred all of Ethan’s NRAS allocations to another approved participant, Questus Funds Management Limited (Questus). The transfer was made under Regulation 21 of the National Rental Affordability Scheme Regulations 2008.

The Secretary of the Department is of the view that the transfer is in the best interests of investors.

Because the NRAS allocation associated with your rental property has now been transferred to Questus, your transfer request under regulation 21A of the National Rental Affordability Scheme Regulations 2008 to transfer the allocation from Ethan will not be progressed any further.

Incentives for the transferred allocations for the 2017-18 NRAS year will be issued to Questus before the end of 2018. Questus will then pass these incentives on to investors in the coming weeks.

Questus will be contacting you shortly to explain ongoing arrangements. If you wish to contact Questus in the meantime, you may send an email to Questus at [email protected] or write to Questus at NRAS Helpdesk,Questus Funds Management, 1/5 Bramall Street, East Perth, Western Australia 6004.

17. zwwcs

zwwcs Member

Same here. Hopefully we can receive our RTOC soon

18. Melbmikey

Melbmikey Member

I hope that because of recent legislation changes this post from 3 years ago about Questus is no longer true otherwise we're in the shame ****** position.

NRAS property managing agent not good

19. Ethan Victim

Ethan Victim Member

Ethan has sent me mandatary request to change from them to Quantum in 2017, and now I am officially under Quantum not Ethan although we all know they are both related. Will my property under Quantum be also transferred to Questus? Does anyone know?

20. Melbmikey

Melbmikey Member

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that this didn't go ahead because DSS denied the application by Ethan to move all their allocations to Quantum, so its possible you're still technically with Ethan.