NRAS - ETHAN: class action

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by Daniel B., 3rd Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    You choose

This is something your accountant should be showing you .... but it is section 13B I believe. Please confirm it with whoever handles your tax affairs, though. :)

2. Rolfejohn

Rolfejohn New Member

3. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Paywall.

Try this instead ... see below

Appears to be a follow up to the amendments introduced last year to allow investors to change participants, which has been posted on extensively previously...

Attached Files:

Last edited: 9th Nov, 2018
  4. Alvin Thimwah Lee

Alvin Thimwah Lee Member

Thanks euro73. Much appreciated.

5. Neilbarn

Neilbarn New Member

Hi All,
    I am also with Ethan since 2012. I have not been paid the state government portion of the inventive for 2016-2017 and both for 2017-2018. My friend has contacted the DSS, and they have advised that the state portion was already aid to Ethan for 2016-2017 while the 2017-2018 year is still being processed. But it does prove that Ethan are holding our money, I have sent them an email with the proof that they have been paid, lets see if they respond. For those of you who have not received payments for the last three years, go to this link and search the spreadsheet which you can download by year, you will need to use your dwelling id. Here is the link : NRAS Investors | Department of Social Services, Australian Government

Fortunately I am still being paid my rent by Tebter. But, taking all this information into account including that Labor has taken issue particularly with Ethan, me and my friends will be looking to move away ASAP from Than to another participant.

I will keep posting here as soon as I have any news.

Cheers
    N

6. peng

peng Member

Hi how long will waiting for the transferring in the DSS?

7. Neilbarn

Neilbarn New Member

Don't know @euro73 will have some idea

8. peng

peng Member

hi, John, I contacted lawyer you mentioned,

There are two options, we go class action to share the bills, or require Dss to speed transferring to another AP for us!

Is here anyone would like to discuss with me? PM me.

Last edited by a moderator: 14th Nov, 2018
  9. Yu88

Yu88 New Member

I am the new member. I haven't been paid 15/16 Fed and 16/17 both, and have emailed Ethan many times, but no replies are from them anymore. Has anyone got the same experience?

10. Reading19

Reading19 New Member

Hi all, I have been with Ethan since 2014. I have not been paid the state government portion of the incentive for 2016-2017 and have not received anything yet for 2017-2018. I applied for transfer to another AP earlier this year but my application was recently rejected by DSS on the ground that "a delay in passing on a statement component of the NRAS incentive is not a ground for transfer under Regulation 21A".

My property is being managed by Tebter; I haven't encountered any issues with them so far.

I am wondering what I should do now. Shall I change property management just in case ...? What is going to happen to the incentives for 2017-2018? It is all so confusing and worrying!

11. peng

peng Member

how lucky you are! If i am as lucky as you, I will be happy!

12. zwwcs

zwwcs Member

Same problem here. Haven't receive the state government incentive for 2016-2017 and both for 2017-2018. I have another NRAS property in Adelaide and have got the statement and state government incentive on July.
    Contacted DSS, but not helpful at all. Below is the message from DSS

It is important to note that these regulatory amendments do not extend to interfering in private, contractual arrangements between approved participants and investors. If you have a contractual arrangement with an approved participant that requires them to pass on the rent and/or incentive payments, and the approved participant fails to do so, this is a civil matter that will need to be resolved between you and your approved participant. The Department acknowledges taking civil action could be cost prohibitive, so you may wish to contact Victoria Legal Aid to see if they are able to assist you in this regard. Victoria Legal Aid can be contacted on 1300 792 387.

13. Buckle85

Buckle85 New Member

I have been fortunate enough to get all my payments up to now and still getting rent from Tebter. I have been pestering Quantum about the 17-18 payment, they are saying it is being reviewed by DSS. I contacted DSS and got the below response, which is a little concerning:

The Department is still processing Ethan Affordable Housing’s 2017-18 NRAS statements of compliance. No incentive payments in respect of the 2017-18 NRAS year have been made to Ethan at this time.

For your information, in August 2018, Ethan submitted a request to transfer the majority of its NRAS allocations to another approved participant. The Department is working with Ethan and the proposed incoming approved participant to understand the proposal and ensure that the interests of affected Ethan investors would be protected. No decision to transfer has been made or is imminent. The Department is continuing to examine the proposal and to seek relevant information.

So does this mean that Quantum is still not yet approved?

Two properties in Darwin......urgh

14. zwwcs

zwwcs Member

Fyi, message I have received from DSS
    On 30 April 2018, the Secretary of the Department wrote to Ethan advising she was not approving a transfer of NRAS allocations to Quantum Housing Group. Therefore, your approved participant remains Ethan. Quantum Housing Group was assigned the compliance management services on behalf of Ethan Affordable Housing. Quantum are responsible for collating, auditing and providing NRAS documentation to the Department.

15. peng

peng Member

Hi, I have not received 15-16, 16-17 incentives from Ethan. They not even reply email to me recently.

Glad to know some suggestions for changing my current situation.

Peng

16. Guzz226

Guzz226 Member

I have a property in ballarat (Sebastopol) , perhaps it is in the same group - my experience with Ethan/Quantun is the same.

Only just found this thread so more concerned about the delay as it appears there is more than incompetence at play.

Reviewing other responses in this thread if applications have been rejected on the basis that delays are not a good enough reason, what reasons/justifications have been used to successfully get a transfer approved?

How long does a transfer take to approve and action?

Cheers

17. Melbmikey

Melbmikey Member

We've been waiting 7 months. Apparently with some of these changes to the legislation the other week (and more to come) it should speed up.

18. Guzz226

Guzz226 Member

Thanks. Ouch.

19. Alvin Thimwah Lee

Alvin Thimwah Lee Member

20. zwwcs

zwwcs Member

From DSS's website, 94% of the 2017-18 incentive payments has been made. So Ethan is among the 6% that still under processing. I have a concern that this is because of the investors' complaint. Hopefully that DSS could transfer us to another authorized participant asap.

I contacted Vic NRAS and a MP, unfortunately no one can help. I agree that we should start a class action to get our money back