NRAS and income vs growth

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by Gypsyblood, 22nd Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Excalibur1

Excalibur1 Well-Known Member

@euro73 thanks for the explanations :). I have been looking at wagga, but even there the price of land is high now. Spoke with few agents and there seems to be a lot of stock on the market. I plan on doing a lil road trip so i can get a feel for the area. Numbers make sense even with higher cost of land.

@Perthguy and @Pentanol where are you guys building/doing dual occ?
    Perthguy i would assume Perth? hehehe

@Pentanol out of curiosity, how much is it costing you per sqm to build? i cant seem to keep the cost under $1500.

I have been thinking to invest there now as it is cheap

2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Yes, Perth for this project. The only reason is that it is my first development, I wanted to start close to home and I already had the land the build on at the back of a renovated IP.

3. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

Swing by Orange and Bathurst on the way...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by both.

4. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Currently considering my options at the moment. Still deciding whether to wait to subdivide one in Logan or go a new dual occ in the regional area. Will let you know when I decide!

5. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    There are many members who confuse subdivision and dual occ. Dual occ, as the name implies, is dual occupancy- meaning more than 1 dwelling on a single title. In this case, 2 dwellings on 1 title. Banks happily lend for 2 on 1 title, to 90% for investment purposes- subject to servicing and credit scoring etc etc etc.... . Several will even lend for 3 on 1 title, and a very select few will lend to 4 on 1 title. The key is - there is just one title.

When you subdivide you are splitting 1 title into 2 titles; hence the word subdivide :) so each dwelling becomes a single occupancy dwelling on its own single title.

This can certainly be a great way to go... as long as you understand the costs and time involved in this strategy are the biggest difference. In NSW a detached complying dwelling ( meaning 60M2 or less) requires no council approval or subdivision at all....