Novacastrian dreamer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kp1, 26th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kp1

kp1 New Member

Hello all,
    I’m wishing to make my mark in the property market. I am currently paying off my home and have some equity. But I don’t want to stop there... I’m wishing to pull myself, and my extended family, into the black with a passive income. I have a time frame due to health constraints of 7 years time to achieve my goals. I’m new here but hope to make supportive and encouraging connections. Merry Christmas to you and yours and here’s to a fulfilling 2020...

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

What do you want to achieve in 7 years? $x net assets, $y income?

3. kp1

kp1 New Member

My asset is worth approx $800k
    ($350k equity). I’m married & our combined income is approx $160k. I’m obviously new here and to this game but at 45 I want to be a sincere player. I’ve been reading for a long time but still feel the novice. Haven’t made the leap to purchase as yet. Thank you for replying Trainee...

4. kp1

kp1 New Member

I want to achieve: my husband to be retired, my family to be living rent free (2 properties), my working life to be reduced to one day a week, and I’m still working out the rest.

5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

You need some specific numbers. 2x 250k ips? 2x 1m ips? How much rent? 50k? 100k? What about maintenance etc? How much income do you need for your husband to retire and you on one day a week? Your current after tax income would be a good approximate (90k a year?)

dont know what sincere means here but more thinking is needed.

6. kp1

kp1 New Member

Thank you...will do...I guess sincere means that I will do that further thinking, come up with the numbers, then a plan. I will come back and ask for assistance when I’m further along. I just wanted to make contact. Put myself out there that what I need and want to achieve is real. Thanks for listening.

ellejay likes this.