Notice for changing PM

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Poppii2, 26th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Poppii2

Poppii2 Active Member

Hi all,

I am looking to change PM as my current one is not responsive and not following my instructions to communicate with the tenants on matters. On my agency agreement it seems to say I need to give not less than 1 written notice. See attached image. now do I need to give the standard 1 month ? my guess is that the current PM left out the month by mistake.

If I need to give the 1 month notice, my new PM said I can switch to her straight away and just forfeit a month of mgt fees to the current PM, she will waive a month of mgt fee when I switch over, is this legit?

thanks very much in advance.

Attached Files:

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  2. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

Yes or you can just pay them both. Generally, when you give your current PM notice your property goes to the bottom of their priority list or even in the "don't care pile" (they'll never tell you that though), so in that regard, if your new PM will work for free for a month jump on it, best get the handover sorted ASAP.

craigc and Poppii2 like this.
  3. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

Yes 1 month notice is quite standard in NSW, your old agent might need a few days to collate the files/complete bond transfer etc but I would request that they release the property asap and just collect the 1 month in management fees if they want to.

Poppii2 and Michael Mitchell like this.
  4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Call them up, and in your best Trump voice, say.... Your Fired...

Then ask if they are ok with someone taking over tomorrow, who knows, they may be unhappy with you too ?