(Not so) Smart meters

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Scott No Mates, 23rd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

2. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

This thread could be called "Not So Smart Installers"

Tenants weren't able to be home when NBN booked a slot for install so they left a key for him. You'd think he'd have commonsense of an appropriate location....

[​IMG]

3. Random Username

Random Username Well-Known Member

Is that the installer asleep under the bench?

4. Raydar

Raydar Well-Known Member

That's my fear with my IP. I'll have to make sure I give clear instructions or take the day off.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@WestOz it's likely that point is the closest ooint to the first phone connection in the house.

6. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

The plate to the right is the only one in the house however the old system is irrelevant now, I'll remove it when I paint, most use cordless these days which plugs straight into UNI-V 1.

I had mine installed on the wall in the top of the linen closet, plugs into the security system power point also located there, all the cat cables go up into/through the ceiling to all the required rooms, installed a ceiling vent in there so heat can escape, all out of site, nice and tidy.

7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Depending on the contact arrangement these guys could have made a packet and had a good laugh. There may be rates for - remote location, difficult access, age of meter box perhaps, living away from home allowance, who knows what else but someone got paid to put it in and i tip my hat to them! Haha

And nbn talk, ip kitchen reno i added a gpo in one of the cupboards above the desk in the kitchen which is also close to centre of the house. Was going to look into it more and run a draw string for them but lost interest