ETF Not All ETFs are Created Equal

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Tropo, 23rd Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

i have MVW on my watch-list waiting for that inevitable dip

i currently hold VAS ( bought in 2011 ) and it has done fairly well ( locking in the index dividend gains )

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Quote :
    “I did precisely the wrong thing. The cotton showed me a loss and I kept it. The wheat showed me a profit and I sold it out.

Of all speculative blunders there are few greater than trying to average a losing game. Always sell what shows You a loss and keep what shows You a profit.

That was so obviously the wise thing to do and was so well known to me that even now I marvel at myself for doing the reverse.” - Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

2 people like this.
  4. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

obviously a futures trader , wheat will not stay salable for extended periods ( if you have to take delivery ) whereas cotton will be fit for sale over a much longer period .

but thanks for reminding me to keep an eye on NAM ( if i can get some a little bit lower ..... )

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.