QLD Northern suburb

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Canopy, 5th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Canopy

Canopy Well-Known Member

Hi ,
    Happy to follow the right channels when it’s appropriate :) So be kind .

I am new to Brisbane after moving interstate from Sydney . There is no right or wrong answers but I am looking for a ppor under 650.k
    Aim is to ,
    Have a ppor for lvr with 80%
    Aim for equity gains
    Time frame 5-10 years
    A liveable house with decent upgrades

I have been looking around chermside / Stafford/Aspley areas with mixed feedback other options around Kedron / Virginia area with less sqm ( 400 )

Any suggestions to start with ?

2. robbie_p

robbie_p Well-Known Member

Where abouts in Brisbane are you currently living?

3. The Grinch

The Grinch Well-Known Member

If it's a PPOR you are best to get out there and check out the suburbs you like and then narrow your search down.

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

What are your transport/commute requirements?

5. Canopy

Canopy Well-Known Member

I am around chermside area which I do like and appreciate. Northern parts as of now do make sense for long term living

6. Canopy

Canopy Well-Known Member

Mostly to city . So a bus / bike ride currently would be easy to work with

7. Canopy

Canopy Well-Known Member

Yes it’s Ppor . I am leaning towards chermside west , Aspley , Everton park ( just from the information around) or Kedron ( if I ever find a block around 400 with good place )

8. whiteknight

whiteknight Well-Known Member

Where abouts in Chermside are you living? I recommend the pocket bounded by 7th Brigade Park, Newman Road and Hamilton Road. Really quiet pocket, close to the Westfields and great bang for buck - you will be hard pressed to find a better pocket in Chermside!

Canopy likes this.
  9. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

I like Virginia. Next two two train stations. Close to the airport and city. Close to Chermside shopping but far enough so unlikely to turn into a concrete jungle. Large green spaces etc.

But then again, depends what you are looking for. You might want the “busy” life to remind of Sydney.

10. Canopy

Canopy Well-Known Member

I will keep an eye . Can’t see any property coming up around that area for now . I usually bike around this area so away from geebung industrial area is good . Atm I am around the hospital .

whiteknight likes this.
  11. Canopy

Canopy Well-Known Member

Past the busy life . And hence better off staying away from the concretes or bucket load of apartments coming up

12. whiteknight

Yeah property seems to be at a low supply and tightly held in this pocket recently.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-chermside-124843958

This is the only property for sale that fits into your $650k price range. Good scope to manufacture some equity also. Definitely better spending a tiny bit more and getting into Chermside compared to Geebung.

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-residential+land-qld-chermside-202601674
    For your reference - a block of land sold for $655k nearby in Feb.

13. Canopy

Canopy Well-Known Member

Bumping the same thread . Any views on Carseldine area ? I am amazed at few old Italian builds at decent block size . Is it considered too far from City or something I can’t see beyond true value .
    Pros or cons for smaller block in chermside/ Stafford heights vs Carseldine? Seeing if there are any rational opinions here .

14. Elives

Elives Well-Known Member

stafford heights/stafford have city views higher ground better bang for buck i feel like for price point. carseldine is lower socioeconomic area to further out from cbd wouldn't be going that far.

Canopy likes this.
  15. Canopy

Canopy Well-Known Member

I guess it’s a good way to differentiate . Stafford area seems to be better in socio economic aspect . Blocks are 750k+ ( Reno and >600 sqm ) . It’s become tricky to find a good value . Personally I am not after bargain but a good block which grows with capital value organically is something I will be keen to look at .

16. Canopy

Canopy Well-Known Member

Back in Sydney I never saw houses with huge basement areas or in demand as I see in Brisbane .
    Looking at a house in post code 4053 without Such thing , is it a huge thing a potential buyer should look for ? To me a block of more than 600 Sam/ street / location is the way I am think coming from Syd mindset . No right and wrong answers but can below be seen as a fair value ?

Street - tick the boxes
    Location - 4053
    House built - 3/2/1( no basement area )
    Area - 625sqm
    Price - 750k

17. whiteknight

Hey Canopy, did you end up buying in Brisbane?!

18. Canopy

Canopy Well-Known Member

Yes i did buy around 2020 right at the end. Fast forward today, that has been sold and made my way to Melbourne couple of weeks ago. So will be starting same exercise againg :)