NSW Northern Beaches Investment Opportunities

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Michael M., 23rd Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Michael M.

Michael M. Member

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/si...es/northern-beaches-transport-action-plan.pdf

Pretty sure the above plan came out a while ago. But we should soon hear about whether the "potential" motorway tunnel will actually happen which would lift some Military Road traffic and boost growth opportunities towards the Northern Beaches area.

It seems like some of the more affordable suburbs for investment include Dee Why (new and old apartments), North Narrabeen (relatively affordable houses) and Warriewood (new housing developments and new neighbouring suburb opening up).

Coastal suburbs has always been popular and would be more immune to market fluctuations, especially ones that are accessible to CBD. Rental yields (especially apartments) are quite good for Sydney and with new hospital, roads and facilities, it looks like a good place to be. What are your thoughts?

Gladys likes this.
  2. Magnet

Magnet Well-Known Member

Hard to hold property on the Northern Beaches at what looks close to the peak of the Sydney Market. Terrible yields and could take 10-12 years to realize capital growth. The time to buy on the Northern Beaches appears to have passed.

bob shovel likes this.
  3. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

I have been watching this very closely and its looking positive, if it doesn't happen this time it will never happen. It sure looks like it will be going ahead with a 77mil commitment.
    The Beaches are still moving along nicely. The news of this tunnel is helping it right along im sure.

Gladys likes this.
  4. Michael M.

Michael M. Member

You could say that for the whole of Sydney really. Comes down to which areas suffer more from low yields and market changes.

Wouldn't you think that these coastal suburbs (with demand and infrastructure changes) would hold up better against market changes? Best rental yields are dee why apartments are around 4% which would mean out-of-pocket a little to feed the investment. But if I may speculate, the growth (even at CPI per annum) should provide adequate reward for this.

Though I must say there are a few new apartments coming out in Dee Why which may slow the apartment growth a bit.

5. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

You are correct on a few points Michael M. The beaches has been growing quite steadily but with the planned infrastructure pipeline, there is still a way to go. Dee Why (I declare interest) would be the pick of the bunch on the beaches because as you say yield is still not too bad and there is so much happening there at the minute with the Dee Why Town Centre rejuvenation now well and truly in action. The new apartments are not much of a concern really as DY is an apartment town anyway. The place is gentrifying so rapidly and you can still get 2 bedders for under 800k.

6. Magnet

Magnet Well-Known Member

Can't see it frankly. At best this infrastructure is 6 years off. I would think rents will rise in the not too distant future but the buy in price is so high I can't see 4% yields once you take rates and body corp fees into consideration.