NSW Northern Beaches Apartment IP

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Cmelderis, 16th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cmelderis

Cmelderis Well-Known Member

Hi PC Members,
    Based in Perth but grew up on the Northern Beaches and wondering if later this year would be a good time to get into the Sydney market......of course no one can predict the bottom!
    Have done a little research on apts in the Northern Beaches, will continue to do more. Budget would be around 500-550k and I would want a 2 bed.
    Basically looking to hear others stories and advice, would be going for an older unit, pref ground floor looking at Dee Why perhaps ( a little worried about all the new apts that will be coming on to market soon though ), Manly is out of my budget unless it drops, any other areas people suggest?
    Maybe I should look at a completely different area all together but so far the Northern Beaches is the only place my partner has seemed keen to invest in ( don't ask me why )
    All comments welcome!

2. tomlloyd

tomlloyd Member

If you could find anything in that price range it will be an old red brick unit, a long way from the beach (more likely Cromer area), and very small. There is also a massive Meriton development that has just been completed, and several other large blocks that have or are going up now, so there is ample stock on the market. The only thing I would say is that the new hospital up at Frenchs Forest is likely to draw some people in.

3. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Iā€™d also look further up around Narrabeen / Mona vale , but still wonder about the timing .

Cliff