NSW North Shore Sydney - blue chip

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by hematite, 1st Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

While I could be wrong, and one should always consult with a professional, my understanding of the area would lead me to thing that Wahroonga would hold up better than Turramurra because:
    1. It's an area consisting of more old wealth property owners who have lived their for generations and therefore less likely to want or need to sell at a discounted price.
    2. Wahroonga is closer to Abbotsleigh, Barker and Knox and these schools are tier 1 private schools.
    Nothing wrong with Turramurra, just that I think owners there may be slightly more sensitive to economic conditions.
    Other areas that I think would do well would be Lindfield, Pymble and Roseville which also have generational wealth structures but at a price.

2. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Over the years Wahroonga has become the gateway to the M1 and Hornsby Westfield - as a result the traffic is heavy, particularly in the north of Wahroonga along Edgeworth David Ave

3. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Not necessarily . Often the market if for Fully finished ( 3.5 - 4 mill ) properties or bulldozer job . There's competition for the knock overs , while the older , but nice houses aren't the preferred ones so they can slip through as you have to do more work to bulldoze them .

The blocks slopping away from the road which makes it less attractive to build on , re drainage easements etc .

That looks good value and probably does represent land value only with a house thrown in .

Cliff

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.