North Perth WA: 6 apartments

Discussion in 'Development' started by Westminster, 25th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I assume achieving design excellence would help council justify a small plot ratio bonus

2. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Looks good myf, will prove popular IMO .

U gonna sell any? What sort of values attainable ATM? Im a little out of touch in that segment but now back in Perth have to get back on it

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

We are a little over but it's pretty justifiable with the good design and not impactely neighbours adversely. Also there is some density bonuses in TPS2 that allow up to 1:1 plot ratio along Charles St but as this is still not gazetted there is no clarity if that will happen or not.

Feaso was done on $450k for the one bedders and $500k for the 2 bedders. The one bedders are probably worth a bit less than that now but the 2 bedders are worth more so it evens out a bit. The one bedders have NRAS so will be kept and will see how the market is on completion.

You're back?!?!? Did you ever leave :p

4. chesterfield

chesterfield Well-Known Member

Westminster, why did you have to go to DAC? It is because of your first scheme, if you had submitted the 5 apartments as currently shown would you still have to go to DAC?

5. Westminster

Hi @chesterfield, all multiple dwellings (apartments) have to go through DAC at City of Vincent before they can be lodged for DA. It does mean an extra hoop to jump through and can be quite a time as the meetings are every month but you need files in 2 weeks before so sometimes you can only get there every 2mths to meet the deadlines. Generally you should only need 2 visits.
    The DAC have some excellent resources on it though and it's well worth it to have a panel of architects (landscape and building) revise and suggest practical and awesome ideas

6. chesterfield

chesterfield Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply Westminster. I noticed on the City of Vincent fees and charges that the DAC application fee costs around $600, but there is a much larger costs associated with the Development Assessment Panel (DAP). Does that only apply for larger developments costing in excess of $2mil?

Thanks

7. Westminster

Correct. You can go DAC then DA for projects under $2m or DAC then DAP for projects over $2m.
    My projects always are under the DAP limit which is a shame as I think there would be a lot more support for them in the DAP area.

8. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Thanks . So about $4000/sqm fully turnkey for a 3 level walk up with surface parking. Does that include all professional fees etc etc?

9. Westminster

I'll email you the quote tomorrow so you can see it

Big Daddy likes this.