North Korea Travel Warning

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MTR, 12th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

There is more than THAAD.

U.S. has mid flight intercept ability from ground based interceptors ex Alaska and California that have proven capability on a recent test icbm with a launch ex Kwajalein. There is also the Aegis bmd capability which is mixed but improving. Between the lot they have a few levers to pull and would obviously pull them all.

Let's hope for NKs sake that they don't need to be tested.

Bayview likes this.
  2. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

No, it's not.

Your contention was that he/USA said they will not fire the first shot. Still zero evidence. Your position has now changed to no one knows.

A link that says that the USA/trump won't fire first.

I can't find something that doesn't exist. It appears you don't have that ability either. Neither of us can find a link that Trump/USA won't fire first.

3. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

A 10 second search...you can do your own now;

North Korea v USA news live: Donald Trump warns Kim Jong-un will ‘TRULY REGRET’ attacks
    DONALD Trump ramped up the war of words again by warning that North Korea will ‘truly regret’ any attack on Guam, the US or its allies. Here are live updates and breaking news on North Korea v the USA.

North Korea v USA news live: Donald Trump warns Kim Jong-un will ‘TRULY REGRET’ attacks

trump warns north korea - Google Search

No matter which way you try to spin it; "Truly regret any attacks on Guam" says if KJM attacks; he will truly regret it - which means the USA will
    respond - not initiate.

This has been the common theme of pretty much all his media interviews etc - that I have seen - on this so far...

The closest he has gone so far to possibly being interpreted as maybe saying he would fire the first shots is to say words to the effect of; "KJM
    had better not threaten any of our allies".

Of course; the MSM, Dems and any Leftist with a pulse interprets this as a bloke who should be committed (or impeached? :p) :rolleyes:

Will the USA fire the first shot? I doubt it; but I reckon he definitely will follow up with Interceptor rockets to knock the Noko rocket out of the sky, and then a massive assault on NoKo....all the Military, Naval and Air positions are now set up for it, apparently..

The Chinese I think realise that he is not joking and will follow through on this statement, and are now in a very difficult place.

The only real proof that the Chinese have any interest of pushing KJM hard would be if they cut off the coal and oil supply to him.

4. Ed Barton

You still have nothing. You can not quote a single source that says Trump/US won't fire first - no matter which way you try to spin it.

There's plenty of calls for Trump to be impeached. But I haven't seen a single one in relation to his stance on NK.

5. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I've given you two links...

There are no links that specifically say he won't fire first...if this is what you are after.

As I've said several times already; listen to the words he is actually saying.

Only by the Left....how many months now since the Election result they still can't accept?

see above.

6. Ed Barton

That is what I am after. You said there is a load of links that say he won't fire first. You've finally come to the realisation you were wrong. Well done.

I listen to the words. Not words that don't appear. Your ability to lie might get you a job in Trumps administration.

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Seems we can sleep at night again, my US properties are safe for the moment:p

Why North Korea Walked Back Its Threat on Guam

This is what Bannon had to say

Steve Bannon says there's no military option to North Korea. His boss disagrees.

Extract Vox (17.8.17)

Top White House official Steve Bannon said Wednesday that there is “no military solution” to North Korea.

“Forget it,” he told American Prospect magazine in an August 16 interview. “Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

Bannon is correct. Seoul is likely to be North Korea’s first target should war break out with the US, and because Kim Jong Un has around 21,500 pieces of artillery lined up on the border between the North and South ready to fire, military analysts estimate that 100,000 people in Seoul would die in the first few days of conflict.

8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

9. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

I'd travel to Nth Korea again in a heartbeat - would be very interesting (to me).

Call me crazy. ;) :D

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Another day in paradise, another missle

11. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

NK are no different from an internet troll egging on a response/attention.
    Best stance right now is to ignore them - no threats, no lectures.

Last edited: 15th Sep, 2017
  12. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I just left Japan and was there when the first missile crossed. They are starting to worry a bit now and running practice drills but the general population doesn't appear to be worried.

13. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

launching missiles over Japan and co can't go ignored.
    The best way to get them in line would likely be China.. They cant be happy either that a neighbour is testing weapons like this.
    No neighbours would be.
    Whether they do something substantial or not is another question.
    The Chinese could have muted this problem many years ago if they stopped trade if knowledge, money eyc buying commodities from nk etc...
    Probably the same thing here is Australia.

14. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Ignoring internet trolls doesn't work very well if they're starting to try to hack your computer or sending virus' your way.

Ignoring NK is only going to allow the problem to become much harder to deal with later, and it does need to be dealt with. Hopefully peacefully, but I doubt the current regime will allow that.

MTR likes this.
  15. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I doubt very much that China will stick its neck out for Japan. Probably enjoying it.

Terry_w likes this.
  16. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Or the West (mainly the US) will have to learn to live with a nuclear armed DPRK. It does not mean the end of the world like what the media is saying.
    Would it be better if the DPRK did not have nuclear warheads? Yes, no doubt about it.
    It is worth risking a war for? Definitely not.

Last edited: 16th Sep, 2017
  17. Peter_Tersteeg

Actually I think they do need to be disarmed and sooner rather than later.

They don't want to start a war, that obviously ends badly for them. They do need cash however, and there are groups out there that will pay well for nuclear weapons. If they sell a nuclear weapon to a terrorist organisation, it will likely be used.

18. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

Being disarmed yes, but at what cost?
    Do you want to put the 25 millions civilians lives in Seoul on the line for that? No need for a nuclear bomb to wipe the city.
    Not to mention the risk to Japan or even perhaps the US mainland.
    The DPRK clearly already has nuclear bombs, the risk is massive.

There is no military solution IMO

19. Peter_Tersteeg

Balance that against them developing tactical nuclear weapons and selling a dozen of them to terrorist organisations over the next few years. It won't be Tokyo or Seol, it will be Paris, London, Tel-Aviv, Moscow, Manila.

History has shown many times that ignoring this type of problem has significant and usually worse consequences in the future.

The solution doesn't need to be military, but a solution is needed and 60 years of trade restrictions hasn't worked.

20. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

It is a real threat, I am not questioning that.
    The DPRK is not the only rogue nation with potential to sell nuclear devices to potential terrorists though. And nuclear devices are not the only weapons that might end up in terrorits' hands, there could be biological weapons, from various sources not even remotely related to the north korea.

The question is really how to address the issue.
    How does the West disarms the DPRK without endangering millions?
    Obviously the sanctions do not work and obviously the DPRK will never abandon its nuclear program.

Unfortunately there is no easy solution here. The US taking on militarily on the DPRK is really gambling the lives of millions, and definitely not worth the risk IMO despite what might or might not happen.

Let's hope for the future of mandkind cool heads prevail.

Peter_Tersteeg and Terry_w like this.