North Korea Travel Warning

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MTR, 12th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

2. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Damn, will have to cancel the annual family holiday to Pyongyang this year :(

D.T. and CSDS like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes....read the title:p

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

OK, So seems on one is too concerned???

6. Hwa Rang

Hwa Rang Member

I think if i lived in S Korea or Japan yeah Id be worried. But perhaps they are used to it. There has chest beating for years.
    If Australia gets bombed by it would surely be the end of the world because they have ran out of more important targets in Japan or USA.

7. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

It was also no good waaaay before Trump...stop blaming him; this all fell in his lap from decades past; kicked down the road by the last 3 Presidents..

Look up; Otto Warmbier.....happened before Trump....disgraceful event.

It was Trump's team that eventually got him home....

There are a million more places I would go before ever considering NoKO.

Anthony416 likes this.
  8. Bayview

Many of the street interviews with the locals are with soldiers standing very close by apparently (but out of the shot)...lots of good stuff said about their Leader and Country as you'de expect ;)

9. Bayview

Is that husband's or husbands'? :p

MTR and Marg4000 like this.
  10. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

As written it was completely grammatically correct.

My jokes are worse than her husbands. Not worse than her husband's jokes or even worse than her husbands' jokes. Just worse than all of her husbands.

MTR and Bayview like this.
  11. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Getting sick of hearing about North Korea and maybe it's an opportunity to finally get rid of the fat guy who in my view can become a great ambassador for Dunkin doughnut and obesity.

Bayview likes this.
  12. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    2 irrational d!cks saying "I'm gonna show you how is strongest" potentially endangering millions and threatening nuclear war.
    They are both completely irresponsible, it is a bit frightening.
    North Korea has had an inflammatory rhetoric for years that is nothing new, but Trump's lack of tact is just creating more tensions and greater risks of a miscalculation that could escalate.

Ed Barton likes this.
  13. Bayview

NoKo might have had the inflammatory rhetoric for a long time, but now that they have the capability to;
    a) Reach the USA
    b) Can arm the I.C.B.M's with a nuclear warhead
    C) Have threatened to fire one at Guam...
    the game has changed.

Plus; there has been 20 years of sanctions, diplomacy attempts, "strategic patience" Bill Clinton gave them $5b because they promised to dismantle their nuclear program....none has worked and they even escalated the program as we now all know.

Noone has talked tough to this bloke either; so what would you have Trump do?

Rinse and repeat the last 20 years?

Trump's number one responsibility is to protect his Citizens; so tough talk is just one strategy to hopefully get Un to change his mind; but if he does fire a rocket; the USA will knock it out of the sky, and then it'll be the end of NoKo.

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

BTW I have quite a few properties in US ... on a serious note though scary stuff.

NoKo has not worked. I was hoping China would cut North Korea off at the knees but not the case.

15. Bayview

The news from a few of the experts today is that the pressure needs to be continually applied to China to head off KJU....the UN vote including them is a hopeful sign, but it remains to be seen if they actually follow through with any support; they have doubled-crossed the US already in this regard and done ZIP to curb NoKo.

The other discussion was that the USA would move all their positions and options in readiness to show a strong sign that they mean business to make a strike; and the hope is that this will also show the Chinese's that they are serious (unlike previous Administrations) and thus pressure KJU that way.

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I always considered UN a toothless tiger really

17. Bayview

The UN were supposed to be inspecting and monitoring the NoKo situation as per the deal that Bill Clinton made.....

Guess they must have been too busy slagging off Israel and sucking up Palestine's derriere all those years to find the time?

What sort of deal was it that allowed NoKo to still keep their nuclear rods even after the $5b was handed over?

Did they seriously think the NoKo's were gunna dismantle their stuff?

I feel sorry for Trump; he's inherited this disaster....he told them (the White House) back in 1999 on National TV to step in before it was too late.

18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I watched this, interesting, and now look where we are....

I am still not certain whether Trump is on the right track, I just don't know what other options are available, other than the China route.

19. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

"The UN were supposed to be inspecting and monitoring the NoKo situation as per the deal that Bill Clinton made....."
    Yes, that was the agreement... but the access to actually inspect/monitor is *completely* up to the DPRK to allow. It's not a failing of the UN if they don't "find" sites or technology to which they are not allowed access to inspect.

Again.... whatever the deal was, it's still completely up to the DPRK to allow it to be carried out. On their soil and all that....

Um, no, absolutely not. But they have to keep trying.

Hmmmmm so "stepping in' in 1999 would have just magically fixed everything. :rolleyes: So what exactly would "stepping in" have looked like...? o_O

Last edited: 13th Aug, 2017
  20. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Do we really need a travel warning to stay away from that insane dump.

MTR and Bayview like this.