North Korea Travel Warning

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MTR, 12th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Used to have an elderly collegue that thought that south korea was a third world country, hmmm faster internet, faster trains, buildings, business, GDP.....

Maybe l'd go there to throw my hat in the ring to become el president

MTR likes this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Tongue in cheek really..... with what is happening at the moment.... Trump and North Korea...... who would be mad enough to go to North Korea at the moment.

Last edited: 13th Apr, 2017
  3. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

There is nothing going on with trump and South Korea although of course it's at risk, as it always is, by being bordered by North Korea.

North Korea and South Korea are 2 entirely separate countries, you started off talking about North Korea, not sure what the relevance is of South Korea to the discussion, which does in fact attract a fair few tourists, (around 16m overseas tourists visited last year), is one of the most technologically advanced in the world and which has probably supplied a fair few items in your household

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Oops, amended... North of course as per the title of the thread.....

Sanj, you need to not take life so seriously, clearly an error... lighten up...

Bayview likes this.
  5. sanj

I do take life frivolously but when you hold yourself up to being the arbiter of truth and one of the few who can see through falsehoods etc, and then go on to make absolute factual errors on the regular, surely it isn't surprising for someone to point it out?

Besides, I'd argue considering the hundreds of threads you have started I've posted negatively in a relativrly small % of them

Foxdan, bob shovel and 158 like this.
  6. sanj

Besides, if trump is the great leader you have championed im sure he will ensure the issue is sorted before it escalates

158 likes this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

That's nice....

What do you think the chances are of Kim Jong-ug getting an invite to Mar-a-Lago for a round of golf? :D:p

8. 158

158 Well-Known Member

9. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Well so far Trump has managed to get China to run 150k troops down to the NK border, and stop buying NK coal.. China don't want any excuses for the US to be sitting at their backdoor and meddling with their affairs.. I'm pretty sure they'll sort out their little neighbor.

Bayview and MTR like this.
  10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

certainly interesting times, there is a new Sherrif in town

11. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

My friend just landed in South Korea as his brother is working there.
    SK is on my bucket list. The place looks amazing. I have soo many places on my bucket list luckily I should have many more years of travelling to do. If I make it to South Korea I wouldn't mind venturing into North Korea as well if allowed but I'll leave it off for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MTR likes this.
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Looks amazing, if anything this thread may open horizons

Many years ago late teens I travelled to Morocco, most were going the London the Europe thing....brilliant Experience....did both, Morocco hands down

Gockie likes this.
  13. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I went to South Korea last year and it is amazing. Very high tech - except no google maps navigation available.

14. devank

devank Well-Known Member

I have worked in South Korea for about 3 months. It was a nice place. Very nice and polite people. Good food.
    The kind of artificial river middle of the city was refreshing.
    There were organised tours to visit the border where you can have a peek into NK... But I'm not sure if you can actually travel to NK.
    Their maps are identified by building names! Maybe, that's why Google map is struggling :)

MTR likes this.
  15. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

If you guys have an opportunity, go to Jeju island which is an island off the coast of South Korea. Really nice and plenty to see! 1/3 of the island is bought by Chinese people.

Even though I have Korean heritage in me, I wouldn't want to live in South Korea and it's a real struggle for people to have the same opportunity like here in Australia to really advance themselves. People generally work over 60 hours per week in a real pressured work environment and the ageism is sickening. Maybe the only reason I may live in South Korea is if I am elected President of the country. Would get rid of all the corrupt politicians and businessmen and make them work in McDonald for a living.

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Have you visited North Korea, is this possible??? Curious really.
    I am not sure I would want to go to North Korea, not because of what is happening today, but what I am reading about the regime etc.

17. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Unless I want to audition for the next Twilight movie and lose heaps of weight in the concentration camp, wouldn't bother.

Bayview likes this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, seems to me from what I have been reading, the people actually love their leader, struggle to understand this.

MTR

19. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

As a former Korean, I am against unification.

The sheer economic cost to rebuild the country will be much greater than East and West Germany. I also think about the soldiers who never returned back from the war and the hardship faced by the country when war ceased. The GDP was equivalent to Guana.

hobo likes this.
  20. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Have you guys heard of the Americans that defected to the north. Facinating story, one called Jenkins is out and now living in Japan with his Japanese wife who was kidnapped by the north and taken over. He has written a book about his experiences which I have read - but its only in Japanese language I think.

There is one still alive and living there and he refuses to leave. There is a documentary about him. I think the others have now died.

hobo and MTR like this.