QLD North Brisbane Moreton Bay advice needed

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JandJ, 7th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lisa T

Lisa T Member

2. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

2 questions I had about Northern Brisbane outer-ring -
    I've heard that properties between 400-600sqm are the sweet spot as an investment, anything larger and it's harder to find tenants because the properties are too much of a hassle to maintain. I suspect this is false based on what I've read here and also because lot of the properties I've seen simply tend to have large lawns out front and/or back ie not difficult to maintain at all.

Also, swimming pools. In NSW I see them as money pits and would avoid, but with the QLD climate do they add genuine, tangible value to a property?

3. Steve Py

Steve Py Member

While they probably are more attractive to tenants, would you expect a tenant to take care of it properly? Pumps left running dry, or off entirely, sand filters cracking/leaking sand due to not being backwashed... You also have to ensure that all fencing, latches, etc. are fully up to code. Personally I'd say money pit.

George Smiley likes this.
  4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Pools - endless money pit and they don't add anywhere near as much capital growth as what they cost to install or maintain. Your tenants might like the idea until the novelty wears off.

5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Our big family home is on 650m2 and it rents easily to all the people who dont want to be cooped up really close to their neighbours. There isn't much grass anyway due to the amount of paving and the size of the sprawling house.

George Smiley likes this.