QLD North Brisbane - middle ring growing fast.

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Codie, 20th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

MWI, Dsign, kcbworth and 2 others like this.
  2. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Thanks so much Paula looks like it’s will open on schedule early next year there smashing it out by the looks of it :).

3. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Looking good!!! Nice development happening and its still on track.

4. kcbworth

kcbworth Well-Known Member

An interesting few weeks in Mitchelton. Some real signs of growth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Ha, don't know why you'd pay that much for Mitchelton 10km from the CBD when you can buy in that area nicely renovated for $200k less..but it seems they must be selling. Same as Southside I guess in MGE, etc.

6. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Buying one of the blocks would be $450-$500k - add holding costs and a $350-$400k build and it’s about the sell price. Wouldn’t say it represents any growth it’s been sitting like that for awhile.

Cate Bell likes this.
  7. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

Two train stations, Blackwood St cafe strip, Brookside one side Arana Hills the other, Kedron Brook bikeway, Sporting Fields for kids Mt Maria and public schools. Add to that access to a growing military base at Enoggera (thousands of above average PAYG incomes, second highest % bracket for household income is >$4000 per week) Seriously how many more drivers does a suburb need! Recent feeds from top agents are 75% of sales in that area are upgraders moving in from close by. New med spec on 400sqm selling like hotcakes on and off market for 1m... the doom and gloom in the media hardly touch markets like these.

Sue Aspinall likes this.
  8. Thedoc

Thedoc Well-Known Member

Looking good for neighbouring Keperra with a $120k lower median. Growth inevitably will follow there.

9. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

It’s a lovely suburb, two charming finches on Blackwood is my local cafe most days... great coffee. My thoughts is while there’s some good sales there and a few LMR blocks, there’s quite a few untidy post war style homes that haven’t been renovated, some of the streets are quite pokey and run down, so that may be keeping the prices at bay to some degree. Good potential though I agree.

QldKoolies likes this.
  10. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the ripple will go as fast as you'd like just be very careful with street selection. Keperra has lots of public housing and there are very undesirable spots. If you aren't local it'd be worth spending the time sussing it out in detail.

11. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

12. Cate Bell

Cate Bell Well-Known Member

Crime is everywhere. Mitchelton is pretty safe, I would put my money there, no worries. This doesn't state that they were from Mitchelton, just that they were in Mitchelton, they could have been from anywhere.

13. K974

K974 Well-Known Member

Thoughts on Stafford and Stafford heights? Grew a lot from 2011-2017 hasn’t it done it’s run
    Areas with lot of public housing but many are for sale I heard that bcc are selling all public houses in inner suburbs as they are vacated ? Any truth in that? Change over into private hands surely helps a suburb

14. Leeroy93

Leeroy93 Well-Known Member

Do you know if they mandated to list these properties on the market?

15. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Personally I think Stafford heights is one of the best buys in Brisbane, it has the disparity between 1M properties & $550k entry properties, commutes are extremely easy. 9km to CBD, borders Grange which is multiples higher as a median. Both propertyology and metropole were buying here last year. Only thing that lets it down is the public housing and no train station.

Skyegirl and MWI like this.
  16. Thedoc

Thedoc Well-Known Member

Not expecting it to be anywhere near on par but that’s a fair disparity from one suburb to the next. Especially with the new shops, Bunnings etc at Keperra. Which areas do you think are bad?

17. Cate Bell

People have been hot spotting Keperra for literally decades. If I was not from the area and was looking at Keperra, I would consider the old "Kings Park" estate, which is directly across from the Bunnings. Some people still refer to it as Kings Park. I think that there will always be a large disparity between Mitchelton and Keperra, just like there is between The Gap (which is great value IMO) and Ashgrove.

orangestreet likes this.
  18. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

What do you guys think is better the North around Keperra/ mitchellton/ Everton park/ Stafford heights areas or south around Tingalpa areas?

19. Cate Bell

North Brisbane, I would be going closer to the water than Tingalpa.

20. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

Thanks, what makes you say north? And closer to the water would be further from the city, wynum West etc? Even though there's no beaches/ swimming?

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia