No Longer a Property Forum

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by MTR, 27th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Is it just me ??? the forum is really no longer just about property, its no longer the Somersoft Forum model, not saying it should be ???

However, it certainly changing very quickly its now becoming more about anything that will make money from shares, cryptocurrency, LICs etc etc etc.

For the die hard property investors... does this fragment the forum, does it lose value? or does this provide more opportunities??

Do you kind of skip past the other stuff, and go straight to the property stuff? I do this....

Thoughts

MTR:)

lixas4, Property Twins and Gladys like this.
  2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Still a heap of property stuff going on.

I think it's ok to have thee side dishes of cryptos etc. Makes it more interesting.

3. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

Doesn't hurt to see where other people are investing besides realesate and it's easy to scroll past anything you don't want to know about.

Dean Collins, GX1, Beelzebub and 2 others like this.
  4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I'd say it is one of the key reasons Sim encourages people over to Investchat for non-property stuff :)

Having said that, I think it is a sign of the times that it is not as easy as it was for many to jump straight into the property thing, and they need other ways to generate capital.
    On the other end of the age scale, there are those finding that LOR, LOE and other IP related means of "retirement" aren't quite working out, and so need to transition.

The Y-man

Sticky, Stoffo, Chris Au and 3 others like this.
  5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Still far more property related posts than anything else. I dont see it going away from its roots at all.

skater likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

My olds invested in crypts years ago. They liked it so much they subdivided, went high rise and strata'ed.

[​IMG]

John_S, Sackie, balwoges and 8 others like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

That's what I generally do. I'm a real estate person for life so when markets blow in the wind I don't lose interest and look for 'the new thing'. I just sharpen my game and keep going with new opportunities. It's all about keeping consistent effort and focus for me over and over again. The results will follow if your obsessed in your field and not keep jumping from one to another imo.

8. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

It was a bit of a revelation for me to learn that many forum members actually see property as more of a means to an end (ie riding the capital growth wave) before drastically switching their investment mix to self-fund their retirement. Not that many actually see illiquid, low-yielding IPs as the end game itself. Once I understood this it kind of explains the vast array of investment topics discussed on PC. But it’s a positive that so many property-inclined people share their thoughts in this regard, else there might be a degree of tunnel-vision with strategy creation.

wylie, Perthguy and Jess Peletier like this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

That just looks creepy.

10. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

That's his other hobby or line of investment, raiding tombs!

11. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The tenants are low care, raise few issues, very quiet, no wild parties or late nights and hold a life estate.

Oh that's right.... They have no tenure (now).

Gladys, Antoni0 and Marg4000 like this.
  12. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

It’s just a sign of the times where we are at with the cycle. With most ‘markets’ in australia lookin to either be at peak or approaching it. Or somewhere on the decline/plateau. Opportunities are a bit thinner and finance a bit harder. People start to look over the fence.
    I don’t believe in singular forms of wealth building. It’s not a ‘property or xxx’ question but a ‘property AND xxx’ matter.
    So I like to see what others are doing in various spaces. Especially during times where I’m maxed out on borrowing but still have cash flow to invest. Finding the best place to put surplus funds.
    I’m not short term focused, so not interested in the latest fad - but still learn from it.

Blacky

charttv, Kassy, wylie and 4 others like this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, agree....I started a thread... sign of the times, property yields in general are woeful, hard to make sense of this

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, get good at something.... rinse and repeat

Sackie likes this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So is cyprocurrency a fad???? I wonder

16. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

*******s never answer their phones or mow the lawns though.

craigc, wylie and Scott No Mates like this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

.... and I remember the days on SS Dazz was a hell raiser cos he preached commercial property, resi was *****.....lol.... wonder if he is buying cyprocurrency??? I doubt it somehow

18. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

Yeah I wish there was a way to de-select forum sections that come up when you click on the 'new posts' link so they don't show up in the list of new posts.

@Simon Hampel is that difficult?

legallyblonde and Jimmy D like this.
  19. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Same people trying to prove they are right ..... about something.

Harveys and Perthguy like this.
  20. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I don't mind intelligent chat on any topics. It's good to have a diversity of opinions.

It's the forum trolls that bother me. In one thread this week one of them was trying to convince us that property investing adds nothing to the economy and renovations add no value! o_O

Chris Au, Kassy, craigc and 1 other person like this.