Closed No emails received on my watched threads

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by mitsui, 30th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mitsui

mitsui Well-Known Member

Not sure if I should post or reach out to Simon directly.

I haven't been receiving email notifications on my watched threads. Have checked my spam directory - can't find them either. Last email notification received is on the 24th June.

I looked at my alerts and it's empty, it used to be filled with updates from my watched threads? Looked at my alert preferences - all ticked.

Maybe I did something wrong with my setting or something?

Thank for who maintain this forum, really enjoyed it.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Can't see anything wrong with your settings - you should be receiving emails. That being said - there are no sent emails associated with your account in our system from the past 10 days.

Have you watched this thread? Will keep an eye out to see if an outbound email gets sent.

3. mitsui

mitsui Well-Known Member

Yeah just got an email from this thread .. hmm

4. Simon Hampel

Looking directly at our outbound mail service log, I can see several emails today, but before that, only one on the 26th and another on the 24th ... so there's not many emails going to you.

5. Simon Hampel

Are you getting the weekly New Posts email?

6. mitsui

mitsui Well-Known Member

Yep, I got the weekly new posts email.

So one of the threads that I thought I should be getting notification is this Geelong thread VIC - Geelong - the last email I got is 22/06 - but there's been posts after that.

7. Simon Hampel

Don't forget that if you'll only get one email until you actually view the thread again.

So if you get an email about a new post in a thread you're watching, but you just read the email rather than going to the website to view the thread itself - you won't get another email about that thread (until you do go view it) even though they may be more replies.

8. mitsui

mitsui Well-Known Member

You know what Simon, I think that's it! Wasn't aware that I need to view the thread to continue receiving notifications. Thanks for looking this up!

Cheers

Simon Hampel likes this.
  9. thydzik

thydzik Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to include a feature that sends an email for every new post, not just the first unread post.

10. Simon Hampel

Would you want one email per new post? Or a once-per-day summary of all replies to that thread?

One email per post could end up with a large number of emails for a very active thread!

11. mitsui

mitsui Well-Known Member

I like the idea of once per day summary of all replies to the thread!

But that means I will visit the site less - not sure if you want that :)

12. thydzik

thydzik Well-Known Member

I think you are right, one per day would be better, sent whether or not you have read the previous day's posts.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.