No deposit, lots of serviceability

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by username, 19th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. username

username Member

Hi everyone, wanted to see if there are any options for us that we haven't already thought of?

We have made our first two purchases in the past 18 months which has basically cleared out our savings with the exception of a buffer which I wouldn't want to see go much lower.
    Neither property has increased enough to pull any equity from. We are DINKS and have plenty of income to cover quite a bit more borrowing but... not enough deposit.

We are super keen to purchase another IP (or two) ASAP.

Is there any way around this, especially in the current lending environment? (Not interested in getting a family as guarantor)

Or....Are we just being too impatient and just need to wait and save?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Is your buffer enough for the next one? And then arrange a credit card (cut it up) for the buffer? Not ideal I guess, but just throwing it out there.

Taku Ekanayake and bob shovel like this.
  4. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Lots of people in your situation - but there's no magic bullet. You either need to A) save, B) wait for equity growth, C) create equity through effective renovations, or a combination of all three.

5. username

username Member

No mates, interesting you should mention this- I first came across the SMSF concept about 30 minutes ago- do you have any insight to offer? Off to google I go :)

6. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

A few outside of the box plays that may be worth putting on the discussion board:

Could team up with a deposit partner that lacks the other ingredients for some value adding short term projects and split the profits.

Could get a guarantor that isn't family - ANZ will take your friends/neighbours on.

APRA hasn't changed the game for this scenario all that much, always needed some form of deposit/equity/security approach to get funding and that remains the case.

7. cheekykoon

cheekykoon Well-Known Member

Go offshore lending?

8. skyfall

skyfall Well-Known Member

I've got lots of equity but no serviceability so maybe we could do something together if we're on the same page and consider all the pros and cons, legal stuff etc.

cheekykoon likes this.
  9. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

SMSF property and leverage doesn't work the same as normal residential IPs. Investigate carefully.

10. Johann_

Johann_ Well-Known Member

There are no short cuts and I would not use a guarantor just to buy another 1 or 2 properties quickly.
    If you have allot of spare income, then just keep saving and make a plan to ensure you goals are being met. Money management is so important not jut for now but also for the future.

With your current savings pattern how long will it take to save for another deposit?

11. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Save/Wait/Reno

12. TaylorChang

TaylorChang Well-Known Member

There are some lenders still accepting non-genuine saving, such as family pledge... ie. as for family member to contribute equity/saving and use your cashflow as servicing.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia