Niro Thambipillay From Investment Rise

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Lightie, 26th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Bought 2 houses quick.
    Are you confusing action with success?
    Anyone can buy 2 properties.

2. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

I think I have spoken to him years ago when he was still a consultant of another company. Sorry I'm struggling to recall the company name. But I went to one of their "seminars" in an RSL around Pendle Hill. He was one of the person at the back that registers you and gets your email address and contact details and contacts you for another one on one meeting a few days after. I didn't go ahead with them as I didn't find value in what they were saying. I was still learning at the time and the way they explained things confused me more.

3. Vk8975

Vk8975 Well-Known Member

I've seen some of Niro's videos after reading this thread, and tbh you sound a lot like him. Just saying.

S.T likes this.
  4. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Right! If you read that post aloud it sounds very "scripted"..
    My bet is that this person is one and the same.

5. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

7. Lightie

Lightie Member

Lol... he really tried the oldest trick.in the book..im a client I swear Bro! Swear!

8. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Was it a paid advertorial ?
    What was said after the description ?....Ie but was then jailed for fraud in 2017 ? Or the guru or all guru's ?

Really. U2 said it a long long time ago... I cant believe the news today............

9. cheesebites

cheesebites Active Member

I started looking into them and doing some research. At the moment I'm still non commital with the market being like it is.

Fluff piece.. it stated "one of the nations leading property experts", and then referenced about 5 people. Probably put out a blanket email and they were the only people to reply.

10. Tilley

Tilley New Member

I wouldn't recommend going near him unless you want to lose a lot of money. He is a real estate agent and mortgage broker who used to work at Votiva until 2016. There are many of his former clients who have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars buying his overpriced properties. He was selling exactly the same story 5 years ago - 4 bed,2 bath houses for 410.00 dollars in SE Queensland all of which are now valued below 300,000 dollars!
    The old wisdom, Don't take investment advice from someone who is trying to see you something , holds here.
    Another fact - more property is sold at a loss in SE Queensland than anywhere else in Australia.
    All the other replies you have had are absolutely correct. Beware!

11. cheesebites

cheesebites Active Member

Wow. I am lucky I decided not to go with them (or anyone actually at the moment).

It is worth noting that there is very little linking him to Votiva online (which is strange).

Speaking of which, it appears that Votiva Finance is no longer around either (office belongs to somebody else). Based on their online Google (and other) reviews is not surprising either.

E.G Votiva Realty - Springwood Queensland

They appear to own a real estate agency in Qld (which also gets REALLY bad reviews).

At least there is some common ground there. All consistently bad.

12. FreshyPeggy

FreshyPeggy New Member

This is absolutely true. I had the same experience with Niro. Got similar email and was told the exact same story "as a special 1 off deal, is get the builder to drop his price by $5,000"
    Fortunately, I read this blog before committing to anything on paper and saved myself from overpaying 40k-50K for a property.
    To all other fellow readers, please beware of spruikers

13. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Watched one of his videos on Brisbane and he downplayed the importance of public transport in Brisbane, that it shouldn't be a factor in choosing an area, which I and many others here disagree with.

14. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

There is no law against changing careers but it sounds like you have found some of your own warning signs.

As you can see from the posts above (and if you search the guru threads and historical threads of this forum) there are lots of property spruikers who spring up, market new property aggressively, often claiming their developments are the best investments. They are paid by developers so of course they are going to say that. It is in my opinion a conflict of interest to claim to act in a buyer's interest and be paid by a seller to flog their stock.

Take your time, take a step back, read more on this forum, buy a few books if you want to learn.

If you do plan on engaging professional help then PIPA and REBAA are the some high quality, long term players right here on the forum. This place is a meritocracy, any bad behaviour gets slapped by the court of public opinion so anyone who have a few yrs worth of good reputation here is significantly better than average (my opinion).

FYI the 2 peak bodies in Australia that actually set some basic standards for buyers. Considering professionals from within one of those networks will probably help weed out many of the shady characters. Not saying all (or any) of the players are perfect (none of us are) but reliable, independent and genuinely customer focussed business owners are probably a more trustworthy place to begin researching than a new spruiker.

15. g4defender

g4defender Member Premium Member

I'm so glad I reviewed this thread. I downloaded his book and started reading it and thought wow this make somesense, and have to be honest was thinking I might give him a bell.

Being a complete newbie without a property and looking for a reputable buyers agent, financial advisor and tax person, i thought he may know something ( I dont want a lot lol). The reason why i need advices and agent is we live in the middle of nowhere and the option to travel is very limited, 12hr drive to Darwin and would need to fly which can take a day out just to Darwin.

We are not looking to be the next millionaires, we just want to make enough to use in retirement in 15yrs which we could use the sale to purchase our home then outright, as we do not own property right now.

It seems very hard and reasearch is causing paralysis as stuck at the traffic lights not know where the green light is lol..

Thebiglebowski likes this.