NSW Nimbin (aka marijuana?)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Bran, 21st Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Hmmmmfkt. Drugs are bad. MmmmOK?

Cmelderis likes this.
  3. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

My BIL was a pretty normal mid-twenties guy, a bit quiet, who got hooked up with folks who were cone-heads.

He changed; became neurotic, lethargic, paranoid - thought folks were following him and so forth, eventually depressed, and eventually he and his cone-head girlfriend killed themselves together.

Yes, yes; there will be examples of plenty of folks who toke their whole lives and have no apparent side-effects; and alcohol is not that good an idea if consumed to excess either; but you get my drift on the MJ.

4. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I think there is a (humane) role for medicinal use, or at least it being a role that should be investigated. Legal medicinal use will have places like Nimbin ahead of the curve in terms of its manufacture.

I lived in Amsterdam for a while, marijuana was not an important part of regular life, despite its availability and legality.

5. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

I am sure that legal marijuana will be grown under strict conditions, rather like the legal opium poppies grown in Tasmania.
    Marg

6. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

and that won't involve hippies in Nimbin.

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

This is what I read. These crops would be grown in a lab or at least under very controlled conditions... not in Nimbin.

8. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

It's interesting, and I hope as part of it they can make the growing of hemp for commercial purposes a bit easier. It's a great product but illegal to grow in many areas. Despite not having any real impacts due to very low levels of THC.

9. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Outside of the real estate aspect, a huge business opportunity exists in dispensing medical cannabis.

10. skyfall

skyfall Well-Known Member

11. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

12. D'Mo

D'Mo Well-Known Member

I currently live 20 minutes away from Nimbin and can vouch that besides the drug use, it is a magical place to be. 20 minutes from Byron Bay, you get the rainforest & the sea .. The people are friendly & there are some great schools in the area.

On another note, I think alcohol is ALOT worse than marijuana (provided it is naturally grown & NOT chemically grown)

Tranquilo, Casteller and Bran like this.
  13. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Is there any good mountain biking near Nimbin?

14. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

I agree, alcohol is a lot worse for your health, so I grew a couple of plants last year just as an experiment, grew and harvested them properly with nutrients, microscope, curing, etc. Its legal to grow 2 personal plants here but not to sell. Was pretty successful but I dont really like it. I dont smoke so made some cannabutter cookies and they were powerful, too much. Olive oil infused with cannabis also. Anyway it was interesting, it grows pretty well outside was hoping it might take over from alcohol but unfortunately not for me, I prefer my beer, so I gave the stuff away. The delayed effect of edibles (90 minutes) is a trap and can send you off the planet. Spain is one of the world leaders in seed development, they have a big convention here every year in Barcelona called "Spannabis". There are many seed shops around the city where you can buy everything you need. I think legalization is the future, people who like it should have access just like I can access my beer, I don't see a difference. If you look at the historical reasons for prohibition they don't make sense and were for competitive commercial reasons.

Hayes, Bran and sanj like this.
  15. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I would like to see a joint committee rolled out to examine the long term benefits/drawbacks of this exotic weed. All in the name of science.

Hayes likes this.
  16. SonOfTrigger

SonOfTrigger Well-Known Member

check out Denver, Colorado. Massive legal weed industry, massive rents, and an allegedly thriving economy based on an article just a few days ago

Hayes likes this.
  17. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Pun intended??

Hayes likes this.
  18. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Hmmmm......maybe

Hayes likes this.
  19. CU@THETOP

CU@THETOP Well-Known Member

almost forgot:

datto likes this.
  20. Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Sorry to dredge up old posts, but it seems nimbin has done good in terms of growth since 2015. Has anyone looked into places like this?

Population is small however when, not if but when marijuana is legalized Im quite sure Nimbin prices will continue to grow.

Vacancy rates appear low with low stock on market, 20 mins drive from Byron and a draw card to a lot tourism.

Definitely not a bad spot to keep an eye on for medium gains.