Nice work Michael Zhu (Zoolander)

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Gockie, 19th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

How can the article be complete without the nice looking photo of you Michael?? What happened to that?? :D:D

Well done on your portfolio! Another celebrity here who produces amazing results :)

Zoolander likes this.
  2. Jack Chen

Jack Chen Well-Known Member

Congrats @Zoolander! Gotta love those Sydney units!

Bit disappointed your photo wasn't featured though

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I can be jealous of you young guns absolutely killing it... but then I can think to myself, I also went all in with the Sydney boom and I came out the other end with a killer PPOR and a few performing Sydney IPs too. So I am happy.

I could not imagine being able to be in a position to buy our new home but these things made it a reality:
    1. I had my investments with equity so I didnt feel like I was on the breadline and could handle the debt. If push came to shove I'd willingly trade 1 or 2 IPs to own the house.
    2. Our former home (bought at a good time) was nearly paid off. We were very disciplined in repaying much more than required thanks to the focus and drive of the partner. Even though I would have liked to be able to buy more IPs with the partner and boost leverage, (his name is not on any IP loans... he simply doesn't want it), this aspect of things is actually ok. A bit slower, but I'm still in a good position.
    3. No employment or income issues. Solid on that front. :)

Sure we could sell the house, live somewhere cheaper and perhaps retire now with the savings... but... we like the house...

Last edited: 19th May, 2017
    Zoolander likes this.
  4. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Aww shucks. Thanks everyone.
    The print version had some extra photos, jumping straight into the text seems better for websites than having to scroll three times to get past my mugshot haha.

I'm jealous @Gockie, haven't come across a place I really love to live in. A down side effect to seeing buildings through spreadsheets. Would love to take that lens off when the portfolio can take care of itself (a couple more years of continous work and saving up) and enjoy the achievements. Having a stable job that you enjoy goes a long way!

Gockie likes this.
  5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Yep... give it time... you are doing it the right way imo. Build your portfolio first, delay your gratification. Live in something cheaper while it's still ok. It's like flying economy then flying in first or business class... you may never want to go back... lifestyle inflation...

And I completely agree on the job... doing something you love makes life so meaningful, and makes going to work enjoyable. I'd hate to be stuck in a job I hated for any period of time just to pay my bills... also... with money, it's possible to say "FU". So i'm there because I want to be there.

Last edited: 19th May, 2017