Sports & Fitness Nic, you've lost me....

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Bayview, 30th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

The Tennis world itself is to blame for the most part - parents as well of course for not teaching the kids the proper etiquette of life when they were younger.

Bjorn Borg's father took his racket off him when he was young after a spree of bad behaviour...I think for about 6 months from memory. It changed his life and the results are history.

The top level of the Organisation is to blame as well; they never hand out severe enough fines to deter the players, and show the Public/set an example that bad sportsmanship is not tolerated.

Most would know that my previous life was in Golf.

Golf - for the most part - is still a game (even at the highest level) where good manners, etiquette, a degree of modesty and dignity still govern.

Yes, there are a few idiots running around (Robert Allenby, of late), but mostly the guys and girls are gentlemen and ladies in their behaviour.

The main reason is because of the people who control the game, and the process of coming up from juniors. All juniors have to play golf at some point with adults in weekly competitions, and the adults they play with keep them in line to a degree.

All Clubs have a Committee who oversee behavior and they are mostly pretty quick to deal with idiot tantrums....suspensions from the Club is the usual penalty, plus; they end up with noone wanting to play with them anyway.

2. Bayview

I watched Nick play his 2nd round match last night, and I have to say he was very enjoyable to watch.

He behaved very well (except for a couple of games in the middle of the 3rd set - got the sooks up a bit there).

But overall; he brings a lot of great stuff to the game; colour, power, skill, personality, excitement.

His opponent Cuevas by comparison (who is a terrific player) seemed a lot less interesting to watch.

Keep it up Nick!

Last edited: 21st Jan, 2016
  3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

What's the deal with this match fixing scandal?
    I'm too lazy to look it up.

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I'm too lazy to give an answer

D.T. and Tyler Durden like this.
  5. jim1964

jim1964 1941

adrian_christian and Perp like this.
  6. Bayview

Yes; I thought it was all a bit to good to be true; I thought he had grown up a bit.

He is a bit stupid; he doesn't realise what is staring him in the face; he could possibly be the best player in the world if he can adopt the right temperament and attitude.

His skill and flare makes him very watchable; until he reverts to a truculent 5 year old.

Blaming umpires for everything is not only disrespectful to them and the sport; it is costing him titles and lots of money and followers.

Perp, MTR and Lizzie like this.
  7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Indeed.
    I couldn't care less about his antics, and would never watch him play.

8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Yes - Nick was painful to watch last night, with his 2yr old tanties, and then hamming it up ... however ... Dash was brilliant.

Was impressed to see that Tomic appears to have finally grown up - hopefully Nick will follow suit

Scott No Mates and MTR like this.
  9. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Nick is mentally very very weak. It's so bad I don't think he will ever be able to overcome it. A hard tennis match is an arm wrestle and when it starts to not go his way he just loses it at everything. Lots of talent but because of his mindset he'll never be anything more than a top 20 player at best and even then he won't last long.

Bayview likes this.
  10. Bayview

Good to see you back, Perp!!

MTR likes this.
  11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I think you've hit the nail on the head.
    It's not just immaturity, which is something people can grow out of.
    Weak character, not something that will change.

12. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

He needs people around him that will provide positive influence. Hopefully, he realizes this sooner rather than later.

13. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

He is an absolute prat. Entertaining when he's ahead, but when he's behind or under the pump, The Blame Game kicks off immediately. No-one, including the crowd, is safe.

Saw his practice session at the AO on Tuesday afternoon. The intensity of this session compared to the Big Boys was huge. Might stick around in the top 20-30 for a few years is my prediction.

14. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

To me..Nic is the same **** as Hewitt. Both douchebags.

15. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

16. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

It would appear we have one. Well done Ash, for showing that not all top ranked Australian tennis players are spoilt brats.

jim1964, Momentum and Gockie like this.