Next IP ~$500k Macro research

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by BCR, 5th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Been a while since I’ve been on, has been a pretty busy year to say the least…

Anyway now the dust has somewhat settled and I’ve just extracted some equity to go again, looking for some opinions and direction on where may work for me given my criteria
    • Must be neutral or + on to provide enough cashflow to service the loan, rates and mgt fees ( I may need to add GF on the property to get it truly CF positive)
    • Preference for lower maintenance/newer property however hard to find on a bigger block
    • Infrastructure, schools, amenity and lifestyle, transport nodes.
    • Owner occupied areas (60%+)
    • Splitter block potential or Granny flat build potential to help with cashflow and debt reduction options in 15+ years,
    This property basically just needs to balance my portfolio cash wise and hold some land for 15 years where I can then consider options to sub divide, build, sell with plans etc.

Based on the above I have commenced research and considered areas below:

• NSW Newcastle
    • QLD Moreton Bay region eg. Redcliff, Scarborough (hearing noise on GF legislation)
    • VIC Geelong, Melton (No GF potential? Lower yields..)
    • NSW Central coast areas
    I have no land tax issues for NSW, for VIC and QLD I am at thresholds so will need to consider portfolio CF impacts.

Like the idea of Newcastle for a long term play. I believe with pop density increase over time and the decentralization of the workforce will work well for such areas.

At this stage and based on sleep at night factor I won’t be buying in Perth or Tas. Adelaide only if it made sense however unsure of what my budget would allow for.