NEXT HOT SUBURB

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by David_Z, 3rd Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. David_Z

David_Z Member

Hi guys, just would like to brainstorm what some of your methods are in finding what the "next hot suburb" is to invest in.

I'm not sure if this has already been done but i thought there could be a refresh for those that have just joined.

I'm currently looking at previous to current population growth alongside forecasted growth by doing some research in speculative area councils to see what developments they have in the pipeline, of course anything can change in the meantime but wanted to get some tips from the more experienced investors from the group.

There is no wrong answers so if anyone has a method that works for them and would like to share, im sure we all would really like to read about it...

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I compare the desirability of the suburb against the relative price and desirability of similar neighbouring suburbs.

Or, sometimes the price of the suburb against the desirability of suburbs of the same price around the same city.

Damo93 likes this.
  3. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

I like to look at all the adjoining suburbs to the one i am considering purchasing in and comparing them to determine what i think is a good price to pay then checking in a wider area of what else i could buy for that same figure.

All the usual things like population growth/job prospects, access to public transport, and other amenities like schools, river/beach, proximity to city etc

Sackie likes this.