Newcastle Rental Yields

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Ald, 15th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I love getting my Newcastle rental alerts from the realestate.com.au and domain.com.au

The rents in Newcastle are absolutely stratospheric. There is an extreme shortage.

$900 a week for a freezing cold in winter, super hot in summer, tarted up wood and fibro box

30 Pulver Street Hamilton South NSW 2303 - House for Rent #424040382 - realestate.com.au

I suggest that Sydney investors come to NEWCASTLE and just buy anything they can, because NEWCASTLE is still booming and prices are going up and fantastic yields.

lightbulbmoment likes this.
  2. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Buy one , rent one or live on the street whats going ro be your choice in this beautiful city?

3. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Hmm! You do know it’s a dangerous place? Can’t even let your child walk to school as there is someone always looking out for a victim to prey on.
    17 children a day in Australia are abused. It’s the national sport.

I realised today that as long as I live in Newcastle I CANT let my kids walk alone from school.

4. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

What would this property sell for ?

5. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Probably closer to 2 million?

6. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

That is a foolish comment. Random abductions are incredibly rare, but they are sensational so the media love them. Kids are at significantly greater risk from someone they know.

The whole stranger danger thing is way over the top. The epic campaigns from when I was a kid possibly did worse harm than good - helicopter parents that never let their kids walk anywhere, drive their kids door to door, never letting their kids talk to anyone. Kids are isolated and have no experience to understand when a situation is risky or a person is "off" - doesn't help on those rare occasions when they may actually be at risk.

Inertia.

7. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Hmmh 2pc net yield is pretty thin
    Rent needs to be a lot higher (or property a lot cheaper) to attract my attention !