NSW Newcastle Property 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Micko, 1st Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Micko

Micko Well-Known Member

A mate of mine used to own his own Real Estate agency for years and sold it a few years ago. I used to talk to him alot about it. He did very well out of it but like he said he owned the agency....so he had the income from both the sales and the fairly big rent roll coming in as well. And when things slowed up with sales and listings, he'd still have that rent role income coming in while his real estate sales people went back to min wage and tinned spaghetti. He'd always say that there were a lot of real estate sales people out there earning min wage or not much over that.....they seemed to be happy to just plod along were his words. So earning close to min wage, paying for your own car and expenses and working Saturdays. It was a job he talked down and certainly never recommended. But if somebody had a strong interest in it and was going to do it, he had some good advice on how to do it successfully as well. Ive also got another mate of mine who tried real estate sales a few years ago. A great sales person....was earning big dollars in other sales roles in other industries and has the gift of the gab in a big way. He didn't stay in real estate....just couldn't make money from it he said. So i think its a pretty tough gig selling real estate. I had a real estate sales lady come to me on a Sunday the other day and ask if i wanted to sell....i don't but i thought good on you for getting out there and having a crack.

Last edited: 11th Feb, 2018
  2. TylerJamesson

TylerJamesson Well-Known Member

Feet on the ground. Went to this auction on Saturday from Ray White Newcastle.

74 James Street Hamilton

74 James Street Hamilton NSW 2303 - House for Sale #127349270 - realestate.com.au

Agent was guiding $800-880k, using the 124 Lindsay Street sale at $782k prior to Christmas as an anchor.

Told him I thought it was worth between $700 to $750k. Had a few issues with an easement on the driveway and other things.

Auction kicked off with bid at $550k then $600k. After a bit of panic, agent made a vendor bid at $750k and it was passed in.

I think this market will be interesting.

3. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

"Boots on ground" not feet hey @Ald

4. TylerJamesson

A was wearing thongs at the time :cool:

5. lightbulbmoment

What turkey is gunna throw down this sort of coin for this in hamo. Agents are having to many coffees in the morn.

TylerJamesson likes this.
  6. TylerJamesson

Getting a little silly now in my humble opinion @lightbulbmoment. $850,000 and would be lucky to rent for $450 - $470 - I'll leave it to you to work out the gross yield.

7. lightbulbmoment

You may have to expand your horizons

8. Doculus

Doculus Well-Known Member

9. Doculus

10. lightbulbmoment

Already posted this one. Yep sure is have a look on google earth its full of attached townhouses on these blocks.

11. lightbulbmoment

Didnt sell been trying to sell this for a lonnnnggggg time

12. Doculus

I reckon. Fantastical rants with a few facts thrown in - Love it! Keeps me entertained is for sure. Keep it up Ald.

13. Doculus

Not surprised!

14. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Don't play us for idiots ok? You work for absolutely nobody except yourself and maintaining your industry.

It's simple
    If you are selling something and agree to a price with someone and accept their offer and agree to sell to them at that price, and I come to pay and you then say no because you can get more, then you are a dishonest and untrustworthy party.

Never do business with people who even have that tendency.

Undermines everything wastes peoples time and money and is illegal for good reason in more advanced places than the cave man state nsw

15. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

In ten years time you will be talking about the great credit contraction, 9% interest rates and house prices in Newcastle at 2010 prices or lower as unemployment sky rockets

16. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Well it's like that because your average Aussie doesn't call their mp and makes that illegal. Who ever heard of selling something and not putting a price on it? Only conniving opportunists who are looking to inflate something's price beyond its value. I

17. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Even the auction process is a farce here vendor bids?

It's a corrupt game and only a fool interacts with it

People take the power back there is a whole better way of buying property without the agents and the BS.

18. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Errr! There is no shortage of turkeys in Australia willing to make themselves debt slaves.

Please Mr Bank man could you please let me pay double for my house. Pretty please.

19. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Ohhh! Doculus man! What are you doing! He will get more than that.

Just give them a good scrub and please don't post it on Facebook the RSPCA is a military organisation today.

Doculus and Micko like this.
  20. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Do you know how many hours a person wastes buying a property and then gets gazumped? Inspections paid for, conversations with conveyancing, banks, tradies. Deposits paid the whole shebang?
    And you still don't understand? What's the matter ?