NSW Newcastle Property 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Micko, 1st Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Coconutwheels

Coconutwheels Well-Known Member

I've got a house with a granny flat in Raymond Terrace, in the rough area too. It was a cash flow buy from the start even without the granny flat. There's been some growth and the Reno helped too, but not expecting massive gains, just a good little earner.

Czechia and lightbulbmoment like this.
  2. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

You got it Mick me mate!

3. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Next time you put an offer in put in a **** you clause. Basically put your offer in with a clause and a huge deposit and that if they sell to anybody else they have to pay you $10000.
    If they don’t want your offer tell them to **** off again and tell the agent your mates at property chat will want to know that he is a gazumper and won’t be buying properties from him. Then do that and we should boycott the gazumping ****ers that undermine business confidence.

In WA it’s illegal. It wastes people’s time.

Last edited by a moderator: 4th Feb, 2018
  4. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Yeah i no ,

Wasted my time and also conveyancer, and broker. I hadnt signed a contract though so still up for grabs cant blame them though.

The RE industry is much like the mining boom where everyone wanted in. im seeing real estate father daughter teams, father son teams , brother teams lolzzz everyone wants a piece of the pie.

See if it lasts

Last edited by a moderator: 4th Feb, 2018
    Brickbybrick and TylerJamesson like this.
  5. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Mate!
    The real estate agents are children.
    They all watch the real estate agent shows on tv and get all aroused and want to copy that until they believe it.

The politicians are children.

Even the intelligence service are children.
    Just think the childlike politicians are slightly smarter than the average Aussie.

Their own intelligence agency can’t keep a filing cabinet of papers secret, a huge cover up because they don’t want to embarrass all the dumb politicians caught up in the mess.

The citizen ship fiasco continues.

Don’t blame me I never voted. I can’t get blamed for any of this mess Australia is in. I am therefore free to criticise because I chose not to use my vote, any way this two party preferred bs is not democracy whichever way you look at it.

They are like children.

Like children they ramped up property prices

We have children running parliament. Ha ha ha ha ha

6. Micko

Micko Well-Known Member

Thought you moved to WA?

7. TylerJamesson

TylerJamesson Well-Known Member

Who was the agent/agency @lightbulbmoment ?

Would help expose these RE who treat purchasers with such contempt.

8. TylerJamesson

Lets play who can make up a price and see if some fool will pay.

8 Richard Street Adamstown - SOLD last November 2017 for $680,000
    Note: this street in Adamstown is predominantly a Department of Housing area with commissions. Have checked this on RP data.
    8 Richard Street, Adamstown, NSW 2289 - Property Details

Agent who is known to over-quote has listed this for $795,000 a few doors down, renting for $435pw (a 2.8% gross yield) ie $100,000+ more than last comparable sale (see above)
    17 Richard Street Adamstown NSW 2289 - House for Sale #127476926 - realestate.com.au
    NOTE: It has 'wheelchair access' not sure if that justifies the premium asked.

Note to agents who read this forum, stop playing people for fools. We would respect you more.

samiam likes this.
  9. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

I saw 17, quite like it. It's is a corner block but still not justifiable for that price

10. lightbulbmoment

@tom lemke what was the open house numbers for the weekend?

11. TylerJamesson

You should have stuck around and checked out some of the neighbours. It a street I would certainly not want to live on with young children.

70% of the properties in that street are owned by the Department of Housing

samiam likes this.
  12. lightbulbmoment

I wouldnt be suprised if they get that, stranger things have happened plus
    All logic has gone out the window for newcastle.

This one sold for first open 750k
    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...FjADegQIExAB&usg=AOvVaw1Pgh1oBmmAlprmq6wYIN_D

TylerJamesson likes this.
  13. lightbulbmoment

I dont want to say as it may give away my speculative buying location.

Really cant blame them pretty sure 99 percent of the population would cancel an accepted offer without signed contract if a new one of 10k higher came in.

14. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Out of interest, did that agent always get what she over-quote for? Might consider for selling of my ppor lol

tomlemke likes this.
  15. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Agents trying to get more for an owner is a bad thing? Just remember we work for the owner and not the buyer. 99% of the time it’s the owner who has the final say in what price we put on listings.

16. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Adamstown was the stand out this weekend, 58 groups through a half done house. $780 to $820.

28 through a hamptons style home in Hamilton South. 1.5m to 1.6m

12 groups through a house in Cooks Hill. 1m to 1.1m

Spoke to the main auctioneer in Newcastle, he had only sold 1 out 8 on Saturday. I don’t think anyone should panic as it has been a slow start to the year. The next month of auctions will be a better measure as numbers have basically doubled at open homes each week from the 2nd Jan.

lightbulbmoment likes this.
  17. TylerJamesson

That is precisely the issue Tom, as an agent you are supposed to have the expertise of what the market value of a property is... not the owner.

I have been on the other side many times as a vendor. The first question a prospective agent asks me when pitching for a listing is 'so how much are you looking at getting for it?'. Then after you sign the agent agreement, the agent spends most of the time trying to condition or talk you down and condition you on accepting a lower offer.

That is a flag in my opinion. I'm not the 'expert', the agent is. They are supposed to know the market, what is achievable as they have the agent licence. Not me as the vendor.

Otherwise whats the point of paying the agent a hefty commission on the sale. The agent is who I am paying for his or her experience and services.

Last edited: 4th Feb, 2018
  18. TylerJamesson

19. lightbulbmoment

Undeveloped corners in newcastle with original houses on greater than 600 sqm will be like having a golden ticket to the willy wonka chocolate factory in ten years.

20. lightbulbmoment

At least mr Rafty attachs a price guide to the auction listing. Cant stand it when they say " expressions of interest" "price guide on request" " adress available on request" "market preview"