Newcastle permanent.

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Brian84, 4th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

My wife and I are looking to change our mortgage over from St George to Newcastle permanent.

Just wondering if any one has dealt with Newcastle permanent and how did you find your experience with them? They seem to have a good interest rate.

What are they like with accessing equity?

2. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

My dealings with them didn't eventuate, I once tried to get a credit card with them with the idea of switching loans to them once my fixed term ended, just a 3k card and was denied. Having a job and a 7 figure portfolio wasn't good enough apparently. After that experience didn't even consider them for the new loans.

But they did get home lender of the year so maybe I just offended their calculators??

3. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

Yea maybe they thought it wasn't worth it for 3k. I have read that they got lender of the year.

4. Marty McDonald

Marty McDonald Mortgage broker Business Member

I used to deal with them pre GFC. Sharp rates but everything else was toxic and definitely not investor friendly I would think. Things may have changed but I doubt it.

Brian84 likes this.
  5. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe, but they did end up losing out on the chance to get my loans due to not welcoming a new customer...

As said above they don't come across as investor friendly.

I will say something positive, they have done a good job in supporting organisations like surf life saving, so that's a good thing I've experienced (being a club member and getting funding for new gear).

Brian84 likes this.
  6. serendip

serendip Well-Known Member

i had my PPOR loan with them & it was fine, P/I. Biggest issue from an I/O perspective is that the minimum payment is set at the full interest amount regardless of any funds in an offset account. I had bo issues wit customer service but nothing really to challenge them either

Brian84 likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.