NSW Newcastle NSW is absolutely booming

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ald, 28th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

3.5mil with no views and only a 2 car garage...no thanks.

2. Ginny L

Ginny L Member

I agree with lightbulb. Already dated, small land size and no view, For 3500000 in Newcastle you would want to be beachfront or with a sustantial view or land size. Tomleke you didn't snaffle up that gorgeous house on the triangle shaped block did you? Or the more traditional one, pretty , but a little dated, good land size?

krispy likes this.
  3. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

The dated one on the decent block I did love that industrial one in Hebburn st

4. Micko

Micko Well-Known Member

Hamilton East still looks value @tomlemke. It flys under the radar a bit for some reason....maybe not for much longer though.

5. Ginny L

Ginny L Member

Yeah I like hamilton east as well. quality older homes on large blocks, further away from the Broncs than Hamilton and Hamilton South. Great Choice Tomlemke :) Bet you will make it magnificent looking at the pics of your previous place.

6. tomlemke

Attached Files:

7. Micko

Micko Well-Known Member

Yes was at the auction at Kenrick Street this morning. Alot of people there despite the rain. A guy in gym clothes showed up late who alot of people including the agents seemed to know fairly well and just kept saying plus $1000 to everybodys bid....he ended up eventually getting it over some investors. Seems the reserve was about 1.2 Mill. The locals i met said that they think the one next door is going on the market in a few weeks as well which it shares a driveway with....they reckon this same guy will be grabbing it as well. Makes sense for a blue chip development site if youve got the dollars for that sort of outlay. Shame to see that house at 38 Kenrick street get knocked down though....beautiful inside. Went to a few other opens today and again were very busy...the market is still screaming along. 17 Elliott Street in particular they were lining up down the street to get into the open....i didnt mind that one but so did everybody else it seems :)....thats going to go for well over the price guide i think as well.

8. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Micko as you no price guide means sweet FA. Often underquoted look at 38 kenrick. Old mate Daltons new it was going for well over there just trying to drum up as much interest as they can. It would be shame for them to knock that over looks nice! Ill add my property knowledge for the day, an IP i have in Adamstown just set a new street record of 1.45mill.

Micko likes this.
  9. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Not my house sorry lol, a place in the street.

Micko likes this.
  10. Micko

Micko Well-Known Member

Nice! Roughly how long have you had your Adamstown one for @lightbulbmoment?

11. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Are you all thinking this will carry on if Sydney gets a cold in the next year or so ? Or does it normally pull back there when Sydney does ?

12. Amber83

Amber83 Well-Known Member

I wonder if geelong will do this sometime soon once Melbourne is unaffordable for most

13. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

According to @sash, it will

14. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

It already been on the up for a while.....

15. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Newy comes off the boil about 9-12 months after Sydney.

Micko likes this.
  16. tomlemke

Where was the 1.45m sale in Adamstown? Couldn't find it on real estate.com, I'm going be selling my ip there in October. Hopefully prices keep pumping.

17. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Tom let me get this straight you went and took all that real lovely equity that you had just milked off some prime sucker and went and bought a property in Hamilton East?

How did you find the place? How was the price set? Was there another agent?

18. tomlemke

Yep bought through another agency, the property was going to auction so i had to pay top of the guide range. Glad i did tho, its better then the kendrick street place that just sold at auction for $1,355m and i didn't pay near that. I still think Hamilton east is under valued and the growth in Wickham allowed me to move to where i wanted to be. Gotta sell another place to get the lvr down to 30%

Micko and inertia like this.
  19. Micko

Micko Well-Known Member

Why is Hamilton South generally more expensive than Hamilton East @tomlemke?

20. tomlemke

I wouldn't say it's more expensive, all comes down to location and land size. Hamilton east Only has 300 and averages 15 sales a year. Hamilton south has around 1200 homes with around 70 sales per year. You pay around 200k premium to be on The east side of Stewart ave. Love the Open home updates Micko, are you looking for anything in particular ?

Last edited: 11th Mar, 2017
    lightbulbmoment likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia