NSW Newcastle NSW is absolutely booming

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ald, 28th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Yeah that's the one mate. Full renovation including reconfiguration of floor plan, so almost looks like a different place. I really enjoyed living there. 5 mins to Merewether beach, 3 mins to Westfield Kotara, 5 mins to gym, 5 mins to The Junction, 10 mins to city. The good times rolled.

tomlemke likes this.
  2. BeachBabe

BeachBabe Well-Known Member

Hey there @Micko.
    I think the work has already been done on this one to gain max return and to make it as PCF as possible. My ex-colleague who has dough of that amount, would have bought the 7 bedroom house and divided up pretty much the same way in the short term to get cash flow. Later he would then convert it back to the 7 bedroom home and sell off as a family home. Key is reno to high spec to capture right target market, separate entrances, all private and separate garages to house the renters toys. He had one in syd which he did much the same as this.

Micko likes this.
  3. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Likely it will continue but it's how you like to play it. Do you want to get in the market with +30%on the score board, lots of competition, limited "bmv" deals or get in early to have easy pickings and get the good deals with max cg.
    Personally id just do what ever see change says;)

I couldn't find the graph.to much trash to sort through

RetireRich101 likes this.
  5. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

It could be 30% or 50% or more...

This is type of market that @MTR likes???

MTR likes this.
  6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Or +80% you're the numbers guru

7. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I think we're all on the same page @bob shovel. Not into doing what someone else says just because I often agree with them though.

8. RetireRich101

me thinks Newcastle has 38.136% growth left in this cycle.... want to know why? ----> subscribe to my newsletter (for free)

9. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I don't get it either but it seems to work for her. I just don't think it would work for many others.

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I'll subscribe:p will it make me money

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Jokes aside and I have not researched this market if it has already seen 30% growth it's too late for me to jump in.

I generally buy in the early stages of the rise within 12 months sounds like this has been moving much longer. Also greatest growth apparently close to peak

I hope investors who jumped on have had a stellar run and made some big $

12. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

OK now we really are all on the same page. Phew!

MTR likes this.
  13. beertank23

beertank23 Well-Known Member

14. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

You can use me as your case study retire rich and mtr this might help you decide if you want to jump in. Adamstown house 3/1/2 2011 for $385k 15k Reno Below is a very good comparable I would say it would be worth conservatory 600k https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...com.au/property-house-nsw-adamstown-123269862 2012 Mayfield house 3/1/1 300k purchase 15k Reno this is a pretty good comparable below I would say 500k in the current market. 91 Sunderland Street, Mayfield, NSW 2304 - Property Details 2013 Wickham 3/1/1 freestanding terrace $385k and a 150k renovation, this would be as close of a comp as you could find. I would estimate it to be worth around $850k now https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...e.com.au/property-house-nsw-wickham-121943374 All purchased for around the average median price at the time. No off market deals and I was still a plumber at that stage.

Micko and RetireRich101 like this.
  15. RetireRich101

I was trying to bait @MTR ( in a nice, friendly and loving way of course :p:D) for her to show me/us how she would use her on the ground/phone call/checklist to find out what part of cycle is Newcastle.
    @MTR, maybe you have no interest buying Newcastle...perhaps you can find out for us where we're at with Newcastle? You made it sound so simple with few calls to Agents asking what's selling and whats not... But I am having great difficulties grasping if Newcastle really entered a boom territory?

Here is what I observed from this post...

OP says it has increased 120% in the last 6 years, and at least 30-40% in the last 3 months..(most disagrees)
    BA says it has gone gangbusters for the last few years...
    The rest of vested interest are realistic and settle with a "good growth" in the last few years.

From a stats man ( yeah, you're looking at him:D), says there was only 25-40% achieved in the last 3 YEARS. I would call this rising but not boomed.

MTR likes this.
  16. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

OP comments interesting but is anyone taking them seriously?
    BA yes, provides good credible info.
    Does everywhere 'boom'? Maybe steady increases over 15 years are better as they don't scare everyone away?

17. RetireRich101

Hey Tom, thanks for sharing.. If I break it down to readable format and stat man perspective, we have:

Your property
    Adamstown 400k to 600k, 5 year 50%
    Mayfield 315K to 500k, 4 year 58.8%
    Wickham 535k to 850k, 3 year 58.9%

House median
    Adamstown 2011-2016 5 years 420k-527k 25%
    Mayfield 2012-2016 4 years 337-471k 40%
    Wickham house median 2013-2016 3 years 420k-558k 33%

Nicely done Tom... great equity there.

I would think the $reno done to manufacturer equity hence outperformed the house median for the suburb?

tomlemke likes this.
  18. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Thanks retire rich, as you would know median's are not always the most reliable source for an average home in the suburb, take Wickham for example this 3 bed house just sold with no parking for $650,000 I would call this the average style home in the suburb but the $558 median house price doesn't reflect this ? https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...e.com.au/property-house-nsw-wickham-124272362 thanks for reformatting it for me it's hard to type on a phone.

Last edited: 14th Jan, 2017
  19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

LOL. I think you know what to do:p

20. RetireRich101

Agreed, especially when a suburb like Wickham sells about 20 house in a year...However the 650k appears to be a Jan 2017 sale, so won't reflect ending Dec 2016..
    I used to have PF access, which I would spend a day playing with useless numbers.

I was interested in natural capital growth as opposed to influenced by manufactured growth...I am on the assumption that your manufactured growth via reno had boosted additional 15-20%..