NSW Newcastle NSW is absolutely booming

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ald, 28th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Seriously WIDo, I would make some phone calls to re agents and find out how long its been a booming market, if its hot, and perhaps in the middle of the boom I would look at getting in for short term gains.

WattleIdo likes this.
  2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Getting on the ground is much better......too many people rely on stats and miss the wood from the trees...there needs to be balance....stats is only the preliminary..ususally the data is at least 3-6 months out of date.

3. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

4. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

2012 was the prime year to buy before it all kicked off. From 2013 onwards it has not stopped booming.

WattleIdo, tomlemke and krispy like this.
  5. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

I don't think it has gone up 120% but has been going very strong since 2012/13 reflecting Sydney kind of growth. We thought we were late in the game when we bought our ppor in early 2016 (was BMV), but just pulled out equity of 70k. Surrounding suburbs are still going strong, I attended almost all house opens in the area before Christmas, reasonably priced ones are being sold after first open. Even the ones I thought over-priced were eventually sold in few weeks as long as reasonably renovated. Definitely stock is less and for some reason quite a few people I know want to buy in the area... I don't like competition!..

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Brilliant, now that is how you make money:)

samiam likes this.
  7. devank

devank Well-Known Member

8. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Coconutwheels likes this.
  9. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I don't think it will be long before Brisbane and Gold Coast will take off. Must look so cheap compared to Sydney and Melb and and only a short/cheap flight away

10. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

Go Adamstown Hts.We have a place in Bulkara st ; )
    36 Faul st was our friends house,they got a good price but I remember it took some time to sell.

11. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

And have a misrepresented the 2 sales that you are aware of? The Bulkara growth is nothing like what ALD is saying.
    Based on the increase so far in last 3 years, Newcastle may still have room to grow to level up with Sydney.

36 Faul Street, Adamstown Heights, NSW 2289 - Property Details
    667k, sold Nov 2016
    last sale 361k, Jan 2006
    85% increase in last 10 years,

20 Bulkara Street, Adamstown Heights, NSW 2289 - Property Details
    740k, sold Nov 2016
    Last sale 677k, July 2015
    9.3% increase in the last 1.5 years..

So is the verdict of Newcastle in currently in a rising market transition to a boom?
    ....or is it currently in a boom transitioning to a peak

12. RetireRich101

In my books, a boom is 20%+ per annual increase for 3 consecutive years. I am not sure Newcastle has got or will get there..

If we don't pull some stats or sales transaction now, in 3 years time I will have to listen and believe Ald :p

krispy likes this.
  13. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

I'm, not an active investor and haven't been watching the market closely.
    It was just nice to see two properties that are familiar and near ours mentioned as increasing in value. Agree % is questionable but I'm happy as we bought cheap and added value.
    I'm pretty certain our friends sold Faul St in 2015 possibly Nov.

WattleIdo likes this.
  14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth....some suburbs like Cardiff and Glendale you could have bought for mid to high 2s in 2014...now they are mid 3s...that is at least a 30% increase.
    Holy sheep ****** my how things have changed in Maitland....it was hard going just 18 months ago! Great post mate....

fols likes this.
  15. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

What's not to understand? Do you really think intelligent people are driving the property price up just because interest rates are low. Watch the tears flow in 3 years when interest rates hit 10%. There is 230 trillion dollars in lent out US dollars around the world and you have a American president that wants to make America great again and American property prices massively corrected while Australian house prices shot up further. Do you really think Trump is not going to have the world pay for making America great again. He just turns up the interest rate and nobody buys Chinese goods because they need to pay mortgages at higher interest rates and trump rakes in trillions from the Australians and others around the world who allowed their banks borrow endless cheap credit from American banks. How many more times can this be said and explained and still Australians remain dull?

All that's happened is another Marshall plan, but only few people around the world are smart enough to see it.

16. RetireRich101

You seem to speak of the future with absolute certainty.... that I didn't understand, plus the Newcastle increased 120% in last 6 years, plus the 30-40% increase in last 3 months... I also didn't understand.

17. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Carolyn street was offered to me for $610k in August prior to the agents getting hold of it. I declined. That was a good property, but it's not investment material and the sold price too high.

13 boronia had a fire in the garage, that entire front verandah is collapsing, get under the house and see the structural issue, I don't know how it passed structural, only in Australia, but beautiful view and tarted up with staged furniture, run away don't touch it, problems for the new owners.

Actually what's so hard to understand. You have got stuck like a tick to the balls of a kangaroo about 30-40% growth in Adamstown Heights. Last year 25 Russell avenue wouldn't get more then $500k.
    All the growth is since interest rates have dropped. That's in the last 1.5 years.

Adamstown heights is not inner suburb or coastal.

The capital growth is so huge and it's self evident and you are getting all hot under the collar.

Let me tell you something about real estate in good areas in Australia.

If a house appears on realestate.com.au or domain it's a piece of crap. The excellent house are sold without advertising often without agents without home opens. Those are the houses I buy.

18. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Your are dreaming.
    I know of two properties in Kahiba bought in 2014 for low $400k sold for around $650k.
    If it's BS work out the median growth of the properties you mentioned and assume it's all in the last year when interest rates have plummeted.

As for your Sydney comment. In the last two years many suburbs of Sydney have grown 100%.

But hey think what you want.

19. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

1.5 years ago really, Charlestown and beach suburbs and Hamilton south and new lambton slightly earlier. Adamstown heights has moved the most since December 2014

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Agree Lamton, Adamstown, Charlestown, Merewether, The Hill, Cooks Hill have all moved significantly.

Don't worry mate...some investors invest from computer screen and not boots on ground. Guess which investors make the most amount of coin?