NSW Newcastle NSW is absolutely booming

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ald, 28th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Micko

Micko Well-Known Member

Sounds like a game of two up is the best way to settle this @samiam. Heads you buy Mayfield now, tails you leave it for 12 months :)

samiam likes this.
  2. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

We bought a pair of houses that are each currently spit into 2 single bedroom tenancies (so 4 separate leases). Mid-longer term development opportunity.

cheers,
    Inertia

samiam and Micko like this.
  3. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Settled at the end of November.

cheers,
    Inertia

4. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Wish it were that easyo_O.. maybe he knows it will always be heads if we do that way :D

Micko and Corkey like this.
  5. pjames

pjames Well-Known Member

this is the hot area at the moment from Mayfield, Waratah, Georgetown, Lambton areas are all getting a lot of buyers and prices are still realistic. Look for a property on a slight hill with a view, quiet but central and close to amenities. When you look on Google map of the area then all these suburbs are close to the city and to beaches (10 min drive) but are central to other areas too.

Micko and Archaon like this.
  6. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Newcastle is still absolutely booming and we are about to head into stage 2. Plenty of Sydney people will sell up and move to Newcastle.
    I expect Newcastle prices to go up another 30% on today's prices by the time we hit summer. There has been no slowdown over winter which is what you see normally.

More people are buying houses than last year.
    Boots on the ground that's what is happening. And it's expected as Sydney sells up and moves out.

Mark my words buying a property in Newcastle today and selling in 4 months time will be the finest decision anyone can make. Filthy riches being made in Newcastle by being smart.

lightbulbmoment likes this.
  7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Mark my words, no one is listening to your bs

beertank23 likes this.
  8. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Haha he's back! Wouldn't complain if he was right but...

beertank23 likes this.
  9. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Do you deny the money being made mate. Interest rates are going to drop again all the bond indicators are there. Banks are going to make the levy money slowly over 5 years. Money is going to get even cheaper. Jobs are booming. Just go and buy properties mate, as many as you can close as you can to the cbd in Newcastle.

10. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I got banned from the other Newcastle thread because the real estate agents and mortgage brokers did not like me saying they were not required

Skilled_Migrant likes this.
  11. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

There are so many Sydney people relocating up here. Surf is full of them now. New kids in our school from Sydney.
    Parking in the cbd has resulted in people having to park near further out because so many people have arrived Newcastle is just boooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmming!

12. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Brilliant Mate

You will be a rich man next summer when you flip that

13. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Good to see your back mate, i welcome your posts.

14. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

throw in the steak knives son!

beertank23 and bob shovel like this.
  15. krispy

krispy Well-Known Member

I can't keep up. Buy, sell, look at WA as only mugs buy in Newcastle.

Love it. So much good advice.

16. cberrell

cberrell New Member

Yes, Newcastle is booming. When I was looking last Xmas, there were lots of groups at each inspection and people were paying more than the asking price ! Low vacancy rates as well.

krispy likes this.
  17. TylerJamesson

TylerJamesson Well-Known Member

Not booming that much -- someone tried to flip this house on Curry Street, Merewether after 12 months (bought for $1.5m 2016) didn't sell at auction with a guide at $1.8m in June 2017.

Onthehouse.com.au: Your Home for Property Research

With the renovation and stamp duty the owner might be lucky to break even.

18. krispy

krispy Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just overpriced. I don't think it's indicative of the rest of the city. Kicking myself I didn't buy more 2 years ago. Not sure it's worth looking at anything now. Even hard to get a house under $350 in Windale now.
    Do you all see another surge with the FHB incentive or would FHB already of bought if they were actually in a position to afford a mortgage?
    Any news on what is happening with the Mall after the Sydney developer purchased it?

19. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I think that for 1.8 million it's too cheap. There must be someone out there willing to pay 2.5 million. Property prices double in Newcastle every 10 years, prices never go down. Why hesitate. I spoke to a real estate agent and a mortgage broker and they all assure me that property is the best investment. The real estate agent even said to me how much great value buying a house is. I am so glad that real estate agents exist, they make it so easy for people to sell their houses. I don't think they get paid enough. I know they earn over $300k a year and that's for a mediocre one in a good suburb but really they should earn way more for the service they provide. Can we please start a petition to pay more money as fees to real estate agents and mortgage brokers, I reckon they should get paid at least $100k on a 1 million dollar house, they work hard. Their hairdressing expenses are very high and their suits and cars don't come cheap.

20. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

You @Ald are an A grade twat

beertank23 likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia