NSW Newcastle 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by tomlemke, 11th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

The market is still really tight, new listings are still low which is fuelling the fire.

I was lucky to have some good ones I held back over the Christmas period and brought them on the second week of January.

I had 71 groups through a home last weekend which was the most ever through a house in Waratah West, we ended up with 142 groups through a 2 week period.

7 of the 9 listing's that I have put online this year are all now under offer ( Exchanged)

2. tomlemke

TylerJamesson and inertia like this.
  3. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

tomlemke likes this.
  4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

:eek:

Thought this was a potential bargain, being brick and moderately tidied up, so went to busy open on Saturday ... walked into the 3rd bedroom and felt like I was on a trampoline. I bounced on the floor and nearly toppled the dresser over. Expensive fix methinks - but so many were enthusing over it

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-stockton-135210074

wilso8948 likes this.
  5. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

to be fair, it will be beach-front in a couple of years!!!

shezx likes this.
  6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Have faith

7. shreko

shreko Well-Known Member

Righto then, well I'm off to buy some bitcoins or maybe ill start selling yoga mats.

Lizzie likes this.
  8. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Should have bought this. Asbestos roof but still great value.

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-nsw-stockton-134395558

9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

wilso8948 likes this.
  10. Jobin

Jobin Well-Known Member

Seriously though where the hell is all the inner-ring stock? Very little since November in Cooks Hill, Hamilton East/South, Carrington etc. etc. Is this typical for Newcastle after Xmas/January does anyone know?

TylerJamesson likes this.
  11. TylerJamesson

TylerJamesson Well-Known Member

I think typical of any hard to get into suburb. If someone is selling out of that suburb which house are they going to buy next? That’s the key thought in potential sellers minds.

12. Jobin

Jobin Well-Known Member

I mean in comparison to September/October/November last year really. Really hasn't got going again yet.

13. TylerJamesson

TylerJamesson Well-Known Member

Hi Jobin,

Inner-city market is going hard and demand is through the roof (pardon the pun :) ) -- ] things are selling very fast before auction or pre-market for big dollars. Blink and you'll miss it. All inner city suburbs are in high demand due to proxity to cafes, beachs, parks, transport, walkability to work etc.

I still see quite a bit of value in Adamstown and Broadmeadow which are seriously undervalued with a pretty good lifestyle on offer and very close to town. Don't have 'the cool factor' of Maryville and Carrington which explain why.

Sold for $1.5m 770sqm Hamiltion
    Sold 58-58a Cleary Street, Hamilton NSW 2303 on 28 Jan 2021 - 2016577264 | Domain

Sold for $2.1m 690sqm Merewether
    Sold 101 Merewether Street, Merewether NSW 2291 on 04 Feb 2021 - 2016724698 | Domain

Sold $2.4m 360sqm Merewether Heights
    Sold 25 View Street, Merewether Heights NSW 2291 on 02 Feb 2021 - 2016710033 | Domain

Sold for $2.75m 620sqm Hamilton South
    Sold 17 Dumaresq Street, Hamilton South NSW 2303 on 05 Feb 2021 - 2016744383 | Domain

Sold for $2.4-ish 600sqm Hamilton South
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-nsw-merewether-133582418

Last edited: 5th Feb, 2021
    inertia likes this.
  14. tomlemke

That’s an amazing result, thats huge money for 17 Dumaresq Street wow!
    That’s a new suburb record

15. Victory

Victory New Member

Hey all, I feel I’ve landed upon a cafe conversation of locals savvy in Newcastle real estate - so....wondered if anyone has any thoughts on what I should do with a property I bought in Adamstown a loooong time ago?? I was attracted to the area due to affordability and location - so close to town and beach.

The house has some nice features but needs totally redo on kitchen/bathroom etc. I’ve done nothing to it except take up the carpets and a paint job when I first got it which is close to ten years ago, it’s really a shambles.

I don’t have any other property but am looking at buying the home we currently rent from my partners sister, and so selling would provide a solid deposit to off-set my part time low wage (full time mum).

Unfortunately soon after buying the council changed the rules so no on street parking out front during peak times. No off street parking although could make a carport. No garden at back as was carved off by the developer who sold it to us, a small garden in front.

So really suits someone who is keen to cycle/bus/train around and have an inner city life...

Should we hold on til Adamstown catches on or sell now and still come out OK?

1/587 Glebe Road, Adamstown

16. Victory

Victory New Member

17. tomlemke

Hi @Victory

I know that exact spot and a good friend of mine actually owns next door. He has no parking either.

It’s a Busy Street, no parking and I’m not sure how the developer ever got the villa approved behind your house, the eaves of the villa actually overhang onto my friends block next door.

I know I’m an agent telling you this, which would be like asking your barber if you need a hair cut . This is definitely someone I would move on given the strength of the current market, buyers will over look those issues.

craigc, Tom87, wilso8948 and 3 others like this.
  18. Victory

Victory New Member

Really great to hear Tom! Thank you. Just confirms my feelings about it.

I still think it’s a good foot in the real estate door for someone though, and I reckon they could add value doing some simple things.

tomlemke likes this.
  19. Jobin

Jobin Well-Known Member

20. Tom87

Tom87 Active Member