NSW Newcastle 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by tomlemke, 26th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

Yes i may not come back hehe, never been to europe and its def on my list.

2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

samiam, Micko and tomlemke like this.
  3. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Ben_j, Micko and Propertunity like this.
  4. Micko

Micko Well-Known Member

Interesting that 40 Kendrick street hit the market again so soon @tomlemke . They got the DA approval and then just decided to offload it it seems. It was a similar situation with number 38 Kendrick Street next door....its been sold again already as well.

5. Micko

Micko Well-Known Member

Are you splitting Hamilton East block @tomlemke ?

6. Micko

Micko Well-Known Member

That 6 Anne Street is just a few doors up from the one you sold @tomlemke :) Will be interesting to see what it goes for. Has there been much interest yet?

7. Aaron Duffie

Aaron Duffie Well-Known Member

What’s everyone’s thoughts on growth in Lambton/Waratah West/Mayfield/Hamilton for next couple of years. Thinking about buying here but worried that with so much growth in these suburbs last couple of years growth will be flat for a while?

8. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Sold at auction 750k not a bad return with 2 houses

Ben_j, tomlemke and Lizzie like this.
  9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Maybe I've changed and become more country-fied ... :) ... but did drive up my street and there were, at least, 6 new builds going on. Woodward St

10. tomlemke

It exchanged Friday with a 5 day cooling off period for 1million, really good result seeing it sold for $810,000 in Feb 2016.

11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

hmmmm - but when I checked the zoning on the planningportal, it advised minimum size for that particular block (zone) was 400 ... is the portal wrong?

Fully aware that different areas have different zoning - and have done a few NCC subdivisions myself over the years

12. tomlemke

I’d avoid council and just go straight to the Architect. I’ve been dealing with Daniel Hadley from ELK, Nothing seems to be a problem. I’ve seen people go to council and be told that the block will have no issues splitting and a few months down the track they change their minds.

Elk Designs Newcastle

Lizzie likes this.
  13. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

In my opinion there will be some more growth, just don't expect the same as 2017. As close to the CBD as your budget allows on larger lot sizes. Those suburbs are all very different in price, what are you after an investment? Development? Home?

tomlemke likes this.
  14. Aaron Duffie

Aaron Duffie Well-Known Member

Thanks, after an investment. Not expecting same as 2017 but as long as growth hasn’t stopped for a couple of years. I’ve noticed on realestate.com.au suburb profiles all suburbs growth has been flat so far this year in newcastle

15. TylerJamesson

TylerJamesson Well-Known Member

ELK is who I used for my Mayfield development. Back then it was just Luke Stone working from home :)

Good to see him doing well @tomlemke

Will use someone else who is more high end for my next Hamilton project, will keep it local to ensure it gets council approval :)

tomlemke likes this.
  16. Cambridge

Cambridge Member

Can anyone tell me what the plans are for the old BHP site in Mayfield? Doesn't seem to have been sold off to developers...yet.

17. tomlemke

I haven’t heard of anything happening with the BHP site, it would be highly contaminated though so it will be years off anything happening.

18. TylerJamesson

TylerJamesson Well-Known Member

No way in hell that BHP site turns into residential. It's always going to be industry, containers etc

Way to a valuable location in so far as port and logistics for the Hunter Valley and NSW.

wilso8948 likes this.
  19. Cambridge

Cambridge Member

I hope so @TylerJamesson . I like Mayfield and would hate to see Legoland go up next door. I've seen what happened with the Union Carbide site on Parramatta river in Sydney. It was literally a toxic dump and now thousands of people live right on top of it.

20. Adam Crouch

Adam Crouch New Member

Hey guys,
    I don't intend on high jacking your thread, just after some advice from some people who seem well schooled in the Newcastle area.
    I've been planning on adding a piece of Newcastle real estate to my portfolio. I don't intend on spending a lot (Budget 400k). I was also hoping to get as close to the CBD as possible.
    I've been researching suburbs such as Wallsend/Maryland, however I've come to find reasonably priced properties in Maitland and further regional towards Cessnock.
    Just after advice from people that are more familiar with Newcastle and surrounding areas, what do you think of these suburbs as an investment, and are there any suburbs you could recommend.
    Thanks in advance