Newbie to forums full stop.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bloops3108, 28th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bloops3108

bloops3108 New Member

Good Morning guys. The wife and I put down roots in Oz 12 years ago and rented in Birkdale on the bayside of Brisbane. We bought a few years later in Wellington Point. WP (next burb over).

Now we bought with liveability in mind rather than investment, hence the Bayside. As I understand it not the most lucrative area to buy if investing. Still, that's where we decided to raise the kids, and we love it.

Last year we built in Victoria Point, (VP) on a lovely block over looking bushland and council maintained park. A large block over 1300sqm for only $405k. (we may have over capitalized for VP, im not sure) But its a lovely spacious family home.

We rented out the WP address rather than sell, thus becoming a property investor for the first time. I appreciate never likely to earn much capital from the bayside but its a nice place to live and WP at least has a train line to the city. (unlike VP).

Have enjoyed reading some great articles and advice here, before putting my name forward. Still trying to get my head around this "negative gearing" malarkey, but its starting to make a little more sense.

look forward to some chats...........

2. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Welcome @bloops3108 , glad you found the forums. There is lots to be learned here :)

3. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard :)

Cheers

Jamie

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I reckon that part of Brisnane has a lot going for it! I love it too :)

5. bloops3108

bloops3108 New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys. Have already had some great advice. :)