Newbie Subdivision question - Logan City Council

Discussion in 'Development' started by Jun, 8th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jun

Jun New Member

Hi, appreciate any help I can get. A bit of a noob on this forum and I'm just trying to understand the reconfiguring a lot factsheet that LCC has.
    If for example it states:
    Low Density Residential - If not for the purpose of subdividing an approved Multiple dwelling and -
    (e) in the Small acreage precinct, a proposed lot is less than 2,000m²;

What does that mean? Does it mean that a property that has 2400m2 can't be subdivided as the proposed lot has to be more than 2000m2?

Apologies if this is a silly question. I was struggling to understand the wording!

2. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

You need a town planner!

James Cavill and KateSydney like this.
  3. KateSydney

KateSydney Well-Known Member

@QldKoolies is right. Because you'll need an Impact Assessment you must get a Town Planner that's regularly dealing with Logan City Council. There used to be one on this forum - don't know if he's still here? @RPI

Or you can begin by approaching the Council planners to start with. Or, just google town planners LCC and contact a couple?

4. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

or call LCC

2000m2 for a small average seems pretty good (shouldnt an acerage be 4000m2 to be considered that name)

5. LJW

LJW Well-Known Member

I am a town planner and yes you are correct. The minimum lot size in the Low Density Residential (Small acreage precinct) is 2000sqm so Council are unlikely to allow you to subdivide any smaller, which means you need a 4000sqm site to split.