Newbie FHB help please:-)

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by krusty900, 10th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

The usual you never know what will happen idea. Why not make it flexible up front so that it allows for changes in circumstances?

2. krusty900

krusty900 Active Member

I guess that’s why(from my research) the Macquarie looked good at moment.
    Just like to have a few options if my broker comes back with completely other stuff:)

3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

I do like the macq offset and offset flyer products

Have some warts as do all lender products, there is no Goldilocks loan, but this comes.close with only amp being a better mix in my view for an active debt recycle capacity if you want to pay the loan off more quickly and build a share portfolio at the same time

Ta

Rolf

4. krusty900

krusty900 Active Member

hope to pay off loan more quickly, but won’t be any debt recycling going on. Super vanilla:)

5. Rolf Latham

Keen to know what active DR might not be for you ?

Its not suitable for many, but we have found people have one too many assumptions with this simple but not obvious strategy that can save 10s to 100s of thousands over traditional pour post tax cash into home loan.

I recall you already have some shares so the risk profile side of the investment may not be the issue.

ta
    rolf

6. krusty900

krusty900 Active Member

Hi Rolf. The shares are a high risk/high reward scenario still a long way behind at the moment.
    But will know in the next 6 months if that is likely to change or be a complete write off.

Really only looking at offset options so if a purchase of a house was to occur I could put the money in there easily and have access to it.

If these shares weren’t in the picture To be honest a vanilla low as possible rate redraw loan would probably suffice.

7. Rolf Latham

the past investment performance doesnt need to have a bearing to what you invest in moving forward, unless the risk profile is no longer suitable.

ta
    rolf

8. krusty900

krusty900 Active Member

Indeed! But risk profile probably won’t be the same(family Etc)

9. krusty900

krusty900 Active Member

Hi. Sorry for yet another question....so the fiancé is pregnant:) very exciting.
    Does this pretty much mean, given the details in my first post, that we try to get a loan before she goes on maternity leave and if that doesn’t happen we will be waiting until she’s back at work full time..? ie. the amount we would borrow now we could service fine when she’s on leave/back part time but I’m not sure we’d be able to borrow it without her working full time.

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Krusty

10. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Can you afford the loan just on your own income if she doesnt go back to work for a while? Also consider cost of childcare etc. your numbers generally look very tight.

11. krusty900

krusty900 Active Member

We figured if we borrowed 350k.
    Then my 90k wage plus her 18 weeks paid leave we would be fine. Then she goes back to work part time. We have family members how will act as child care.
    The simple answer is go talk to a broker;-)

Lindsay_W likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.