Newbie alert!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jules.K, 24th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jules.K

Jules.K New Member

Hi all,

new to the forum so please be gentle!

I’ve read the intro rules & must confess, I’d never heard of astroturfing before....

I’m from Adelaide & am forward planning for my retirement in 5 years time. I’m tempted into dipping my toe into the proverbial shark infested waters of property investment in Palm Cove. Any pointers would be greatly received, except white ones! Ha ha

Jules.K

twisted strategies likes this.
  2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

welcome to PropertyChat,

gee , 5 years is a bit short ( says the guy who started planning 10 years out but was retired in just 6 years and NOT because i was successful at planning )

first off go get a FULL medical check , ( i thought i would wind down gracefully to the big holiday , and the doctors strongly disagreed and 6 months later so did Centre-Link )

knowing what your health ( and our partner's ) is , can change many decisions ( suddenly a 3 story house can be a terrible idea )

now whether you realize it or not the shark jokes are timely Greg Norman is coming home ( and he just sold two trophy mansions in the US ) so some very nice places will be on his radar

now 'property is a very diversified niche ( not all properties behave the same ) so after the health check find yourself a great lawyer , and a fastidious accountant .

explore the investment options available , property is more than houses and units , being 'oddball can be profitable as well

good luck

Jules.K and jaybean like this.
  3. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

palm cove , I get , might meet you there one day :cool:

Things to watch are insurance , management fees .

I watch it every so often and the market seems to be moving , but maybe not going gang busters . To find that out you'd need to be talking to people on the ground .

Other option might be trinity beach . I know someone who spends four months a year there and they like trinity because it has the medical centre ..

The block they own in banned short term rentals awhile ago and the BC's have dropped significantly since then.

Be aware , if you check on the risk of Cyclones , cairns averages one a year . Some of the places on the beach are at risk of storm surge which is a risk . There are maps which show that .

I think now would be a good time to buy there and if we were ten years older I would be , but I want a boat first ....

Cliff

Jules.K and twisted strategies like this.