Entertainment & Music New 'Your Money' channel on FTA??

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Chris Au, 30th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Thanks for heads up @Mac Fields. I hope it has some relevant info and not the "Ya gotta do this my way" approach.

3. Coffee

Coffee Well-Known Member

If you have Foxtel you will have seen these people before. I think Foxtel has something to do with Nine/Win? I think Paul Murry from Foxtel is also on FTA

4. Chris Au

I heard it could be a bit like Sky News :eek: where my viewership could be shortlived. Will wait and see. I vaguely remember reading it's a partnership between Nine and Sky, similar to Sky News.

5. ShireBoy

ShireBoy Well-Known Member

Chris Au likes this.
  6. Chris Au

This link also gives a breakdown of the shows on each night. Interesting to see how Alan Kohler's son presents.

Your Money channel: guide

7. ShireBoy

This has gone live this morning. So far so good.
    Very much like ABC24, just focusing on finance.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

It's good to have it as an option, but I wonder how long it will last. Seven and Nine are almost unwatchable because of the endless ads; watching YM for the best part of an hour I saw one ad for home loans and the rest of the ad space was filled with self ads for YM. Of course it is day one, but most daytime TV ads are pitched at the financially unsophisticated, quite the opposite to here. Meanwhile one less reason to maintain a Foxtel sub, for those who still do.

9. HomePage

HomePage Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to be available in Canberra FTA lineup. Can watch it online though.

10. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I was watching your money live last night. It was very interesting.

11. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

It's a interesting site, I had a quick look today ,just like reading posts from six months ago within this site..

Some of those hot shot fund managers that will turn up on the show you would want to be care- full with what they talk about..

12. Tony3008

Live auctions our USP. Except when we're so busy running trails that we miss the auction!

Rex likes this.
  13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I've been watching this channel for the last few months off and on and I really like it. At first I was worried it would be just another mindless infomercial channel, but it actually has a lot of intelligent investor-focused programming, with a handful of good financial journalists on the team. There are also very few ads - I guess they make most of their money through paid appearances of their "guest" panel members (fund managers, RE agents, etc) who get to plug their business? I just wish it was broadcast in SD or HD.

Anyway, the content is definitely better than the rubbish programming that is on most other free to air channels. And the Saturday auction show is particularly good viewing in the current bearish climate, a bit of schadenfreude from some greedy vendors...

14. ShireBoy

Didn't take long for them to start plugging life insurance policies in the middle of the day... I guess it's built on the backbone of NineMSN.

But I agree with everything you said.
    It's my go-to lunch time break option. Previously I'd just watch whatever was on in the lunchroom (which 99% of the time is Ellen :/), but now I heat my food, and retire to my desk to catch the mid-day phone in segment, where people ask the experts about different stocks. I'm learning a lot through it.
    It also swayed my opinion of Scott Phillips. I never trusted Motley Fool, but he does know his stuff.

Live Saturday Auctions is my trashy TV viewing. I feel bad, but I like watching cringeworthy Auctions that go no where.

15. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Arg! Nathan Birch on it now.

Perthguy likes this.
  16. Tony3008

Your Money channel will close next week, just 7 months after its launch, due to revenue problems.

The channel launched as a joint venture between Nine and SKY News on both Free to Air (Nine digital channel 95) & Pay TV (Foxtel Channel 601), replacing Extra and SKY News Business, respectively.

... Your Money will cease broadcasting on Friday, May 17, 2019.

It isn’t clear if separate channels will replace it on Nine and via SKY News.

Your Money channel to cease broadcasting

Sadly not too surprised given the lack of advertising.

17. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

So many renovation and property shows on another 9 station all weekend ........

dubrex and Perthguy like this.
  18. Chris Au

And that it wasn't available outside the immediate metro areas. not even in the larger regionals, eg Wollongong stations. Oh well, they tried, and the results seem to be in.

19. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

My favorite channel. I work at the reno and watch renovating tv shows after I finish. I may or may not be slightly obsessed. :D

Angel likes this.