New to the market

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Christian77, 17th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Christian77

Christian77 Active Member

Hi people, this is my first post, and I have been reading and studying on this forum for awhile now and I learned a lot.
    So me and my sister in law are writing down an offer on a corner duplex 2x1 on 900 sqm zoned R30 at the border in Hamilton hill/ south fremantle, the plan is to live in do it up, and next year subdivide sell the rear block rent the unit and move on something else. They are asking for 380000$ each unit but the problem is that there is only one title, so realistically we are buying 4x2 house. The power/plumbing and gas are already devide, and the unit have been for rent as two units.
    Now my question for all you experts is, do you think is a good price for what we get and do you have any hints for us? Thanks very much christian

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

My first hint is to not invest with your sister in law if at all possible.

Second, you're not buying a 4x2 house. How much are individual 2x1's selling for? If they're selling for $380k each on their own title, the sellers are asking too much.

Can you subdivide the property?

3. Christian77

Christian77 Active Member

Hi, sorry about the late reply, so around the area one unit 2x1 are going for low 400000$ on same size block, this one is a corner block so we might think there's a bit of value there, our only concern is that the rear block of the house would be with approximately 8.5 metres of street frontage and we are not sure if would pass approval or not.as you can see on the photo there's a detached laundry on the back of the house that will be demolished and built on the side of the house in the future. So my question is, do you know if there's a minimum street frontage required for subdivision? Thanks very much

Attached Files:

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia