New to industry, seeking mentoring.....opportunity within

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bluespot, 8th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bluespot

Bluespot Member

At this point i have to be clear, my ability to generate leads and convert potential in to reality directly results in my confidence being just that and not arrogance, my intention with regards my initial foray in to broking is to leverage my existing skills (approx. 1-2 hours per week) to generate 8-10 client contacts, (I have a much more automated system that longer term will comfortably generate 8-10 leads per day) I will lose 10% on conversion to substantive discussion and 50% more on conversion to immediate appointments(of which 1/4 will come back in the future through followup), I will sit with 4 clients a week (likely for up to 4 hours each) and will win business from one or two of them (worst case scenario for me would be one in four in any given week) working on median home values and LVR I expect $450,000 to be conservative as a median loan, realistically that could be $5-600K.

Obviously if I was to generate 8-10/week I would be looking to sit 3-4 appointments per day generating a loan per day (my wife will be my back off, tax background, currently full time best mum in the world!)

If you want to have a lead generation system set up to generate this kind of clietn contact I could help........

Hey Tobe,
    See the above re my marketing numbers, I always calculate on the conservative, I hope to realise the following:
    10 leads, 9 contacts, 7 appointments and 2-3 sales
    I work on:
    10 leads, 9 contacts, 4-5 appointments and 1-2 sales
    anything beyond this betters the end number!

With regards to coaching and lead gen, sales training and business mentoring, I am actively involved right now but I have always had a passion for real estate, investing and lending (mortgages ticks all those boxes for me)

Thanks again for our further and valued input.

tobe likes this.
  2. Bluespot

Bluespot Member

Chilly out here!
    I guess I should have gleaned a fair bit from all of that, seems the tip is, "go figure it out and come out stronger the other side" ?

I appreciate all the input, I guess it's in to the wild for me.......... catch you flip side!

3. Bluespot

Bluespot Member

So, here's the update, I officially set off on 10/10/17, I have knocked over a heap of compliance (I underestimated the amount of post startup paperwork!), become a member of both the FBAA and MFAA, I have a considerable list of lender accreditation and still adding to this.
    My investment in to broking thus far has been around 40 hours including lender accreditation, I have sat three appointments and have three loans written for exactly $1.5M, these will settle January (obviously that means no payments for three months but the revenue has been created, $9,750 up front and $2,250 trail generated in month one)

I have found a great mentor who is there for me when I need, very flexible with time, diligent with feedback and fixed price (no dipping in to my pocket for two years plus trails!), for those of you interested there is no contra arrangement on lead gen, I haven't even started my own as yet but I will start stepping this up shortly.

I think the lesson I have learned already is that I should have done this a long time ago!
    Once I start pouring time in to broking activities I expect exponential growth, due to other commitments I will be looking to write 1-2 more loans before Christmas and the really ramping up from mid-Jan with all my ducks in a row.

NB: This is all running in parallel with working 40-60 hours a week in a multiple six figure technical position and being dad to an infant and 3 year old!

I look forward to being on top of all compliance, accreditation and general operational paperwork and creating serious headroom for marketing and writing loans!

Thanks to ALL above for your comments, feedback, support and otherwise.

Gockie likes this.