New Sydney weekend Domain. Bleh.

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Gockie, 18th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I picked up the new Domain. Not a fan. I think its because I don't like the font or spacing of the font. Not reader friendly.

Also it looks like the flat chat and auction results sections have gone?

Ted Varrick likes this.
  2. highlighter

highlighter Well-Known Member

Removing the auction results is interesting.

See for me, I'm finding auction results quite odd to read right now. It seems there are an awfully high rate of "private exchanges" and properties sold either prior to or after the auction. Why are these included as cleared auctions? Is that usual?

I mean if you look at say Melbourne's results last week Melbourne Real Estate Auction Results - if you scroll through there are only maybe 20% of properties actually sold at auction. I don't remember this being the case a couple of years ago.

Sydney's just as bad. Is "private exchange" just another way of saying passed in and sold later?

3. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

The new Sydney Domain is woeful.

Expensive full page colour watch ads? Seriously? This just an extension of the AFR Magazine but with full page colour ads from RE Agents in La-Di-Dah suburbs and some (cross promoted) The Land rural stuff thrown in.

And don't forget the new apartments from numerous property developers in the upside down backwards bit.

Seriously? Is that all Fairfax has got? Oh, wait, they chucked in some Lifestyle stuff as well.

Maybe they are just showing off the new colour printer that they have bought.

They need to give a lot more coverage to Jimmy T from Flat Chat, who is always good value (Disclaimer: I'm not a member of his website and have no association, etc...) given the amount of new apartments and the new strata laws that have just been introduced. ie. Inject some news...

Hope it gets better next week...

4. Gockie

I think the "private exchanges" in the Melbourne results are the equivalent to the Sydney properties that have been "sold prior to auction" and therefore are counted in the cleared auction sales category - but I could be wrong.

5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Tuck a copy a way inside a wall of your PPOR for another 40 years and see what the aliens think of Sydney house prices once they become our new overlords

Gockie and Wukong like this.
  6. Gockie

I think print news and print advertising will be phased out well before 2050 so I think they'll think to themselves, "What the heck is this? They used to print on paper to try to sell houses? How quaint."

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.